ProPoints Picklednut's pickle of getting 3 stone off..10 stone here we come.

picklednut

Hi All, I'm picklednut and I'm chubby, chunky, bigger-than-I-want to-be, curvy..however you want to describe me. Ten years ago I lost three stone before I got married and gradually I've managed to put 4 stone back on. Back then I was motivated because of the wedding and it was easier because I was younger and had more time to myself to go to the gym as I didn't have a four year old and hard-working husband to take up my time. About two years ago I lost two stone and now I'm two pounds off putting it back on. So I'm a Yo-Yo dieter too. I thought by creating a diary it might hopefully keep me on track and by hopefully having a people interested in my story I might feel responsible to someone and have people to keep me on track. So my current stats, I'm 35, 5'4", Size 16 with BMI of 30.4 so officially obese. I'm currently 13 stone 1 lb and want to get to 10 stone (and hopefully size 10). I'm starting on 29 ProPoints per day as I lost two stone the last time round on 29PP and will adjust it as I go down. That's about it for now so here's the line in the sand I'm crossing, welcome to the marathon!

Thought I'd also list my motivations to keep me on track when my will is less than strong and I'm feel I'm going to give into my cravings:

1. I want to to be healthy. I don't look after my body and its about time I did. I fill it with junk and don't exercise and its all a circle of not feeling good about myself so I don't do anything to make me feel any better, this needs to change. Not being able to climb a couple of flights of stairs without being out of breathe at 35 is not good!
2. I want to be fit for my son. I want to be to play football with him, bounce on the trampoline with him and have races without feeling my lungs are going to explode.
3. I want to get rid of the aches and pains, and headaches. My lower back constantly hurts and I'm sure it's to do with the extra weight. I have constant headaches which isn't helped with all the sugary and fatty stuff I put in my body,
4. I want to feel sexy and get my Mojo back. I want to feel (and look) like Nicole Scherzinger (who incidentally is the same age as me). I don't want to feel frumpy all the time. I can never find anything nice to wear that I feel sexy in. I felt sexy in my size 10 stuff. I know it sounds vain but I want to be able to walk into a bar and have people look at me rather than feeling I'd be the last person they'd look at. Reading this back I realise I've got a serious lack of self confidence which is strange because at work and outwardly I am confident but not about my appearance.

Why now? Well, why not? Seriously though I need to do something about it now whilst I know I can. Three stone is a lot but in a year's time I could be saying four stone to lose, or five stone to lose the year after. I've got a beach holiday booked in August so that's a good starting goal to slim for. I've also put on 8 pounds in the last 8 weeks which is simply ridiculous! It's not as if I don't I know know why - simple, I eat too much and don't exercise. I simply eat whatever I fancy whether I feel hungry or not, it pure and utter greed.

Day One - Sun 9th June 2013 (36/29)

B: Bacon Sandwich
L: Glorious! Spiced Tomato Soup
T: Pasta Bake & Garlic Bread
Snacks: 1/2 Lager

So day one begins and it doesn't actually look like I've eaten much does it! We had a day out at the Children's Day at Leeds Carnergie Stadium and I was really good by not giving into the ice cream man and only having 1/2 lager when I really wanted a pint in the hot sun. I need to add in more water and fruit I think to top up the healthiness.

Day Two - Mon 10th June 2013 (30/29)

B: Nutrigrain Bar, Banana
L: Glorious! Spiced Tomato Soup / Handful of chips & mayo
T: Spag Bol
Snacks: Melon
Activities - gym - 20 mins treadmill / 15 mins bike (150 cals burned) and weighs for arms.

Better day all in all but definitely still need to up the fruit and water consumption and also cut back on the Diet Coke (two cans today). I also probably could have done without the chips which I nibbled on whilst my friend ate her lunch. Again I should learn to think before I eat as to whether I really do need the food, my mind just shuts off and I find myself aimlessly eating food without any thought. I need to be more conscious about whether I'm hungry or not. Still have a banging headache today but I've been quite hormonal and stressed which have definitely contributed to it, early night for me tonight. I'm really pleased I dragged myself to the gym today though as Ife got to start somewhere with the exercising although I do hate exercise so have to really motivate myself to do it.

Hi picklednut.
I'm elfy1807 (but you can call me Emma)

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on a couple of things.
1) Your brilliant loss so far and
2) For making mini goals.

I absolutely love mini goals, because something a couple of pounds away feels so much more easier than something 20lbs away.

I too want to reach 10stone, and I'm just 5.5lbs lighter than you, so we're quite similar as I'm also 5 foot 4.

Sometimes exercise is a pain in the butt.
I've hated getting out of bed this morning, but once I've been down the gym, I feel great and know that I've done it for the day and don't have to drag myself down there after work - instead I can go to my exercise classes which I really enjoy.

I'm a member of an exercise challenge on this site.
I've challenged myself to 30 hours of exercise in June.
Maybe you can come join us, a bit of motivation to get your exercise in?!?!

You have good reasons to lose weight.
It feels amazing having people look at you in a club, and I'm starting to feel that.
My boyfriend makes me laugh, as he keeps telling me I'll have all the boys after me and he'll have to watch out.
It's a brilliant feeling that I'm starting to look so good that my boyfriend is starting to feel a little threatened by other males.
But I'd never leave him for someone only interested in me now I'm losing weight (not that I'm planning on leaving him for any other reason either lol) because he has been a brilliant support to me, and he knows I've struggled with my weight until now, and I'm not sure another person would understand as well and be so supportive as he is and I could end up right back where I started.

Anyway, that's enough rambling.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your weight loss journey.
Good luck with it
x

Hi picklednut,

I see you're doing kettleworx, I love that, not done it for ages. Stick with it and you'll see results.

I agree with you on the hydration thing. Keeping your body hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for weightloss.

Hi All, I'm picklednut and I'm chubby, chunky, bigger-than-I-want to-be, curvy..however you want to describe me. Ten years ago I lost three stone before I got married and gradually I've managed to put 4 stone back on. Back then I was motivated because of the wedding and it was easier because I was younger and had more time to myself to go to the gym as I didn't have a four year old and hard-working husband to take up my time. About two years ago I lost two stone and now I'm two pounds off putting it back on. So I'm a Yo-Yo dieter too. I thought by creating a diary it might hopefully keep me on track and by hopefully having a people interested in my story I might feel responsible to someone and have people to keep me on track. So my current stats, I'm 35, 5'4", Size 16 with BMI of 30.4 so officially obese. I'm currently 13 stone 1 lb and want to get to 10 stone (and hopefully size 10). I'm starting on 29 ProPoints per day as I lost two stone the last time round on 29PP and will adjust it as I go down. That's about it for now so here's the line in the sand I'm crossing, welcome to the marathon!

Oh my goodness, I could have written this! We're so similar (except I've just turned 40). 5'4" 13.2 this morning and a serial yo-yoer.

I love that you've done mini goals, I need to do this too!

Thanks all for the support. Got a holiday coming up in 24 days so I'm sure I can be good until then. I'll be back tomorrow with a proper update.

Back