Pineapple lovers! who hate wasting half of the pineapple!!!

Lianna

Silver Member
Check this out!!! and for only £2.55, i was searching for one today and this is the cheepest i have come accross and free shipping :)

£2.55 Free Ship Easy Fruit Pineapple Corer Peeler Parer Slicer Cutter - Wholesale £2.49

p111926b.jpg

I always do! and pineapple is a super speed food :)

Ooh ooh ooh I have one of these and being a queen of gadgets can honestly say its not as good as it looks and now resides in my gadget cupboard with a million other things from the shopping chanel
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
Ohhh nooo :-( why is it not as good as it looks?

It kind of gets stuck in the pineapple and you need muscles like steel to twist it round and boy do you end up in a sticky mess

That dont sounds that bad! you get in a sticky mess cutting it up anyways lol

It looks to me like half the pineapple is left in there!! Pineapples are not straight so to take the pinapple out like that would leave a lot in there!
I'd then find myself cutting the skin open and slicing the remainder out.

Why do you waste half the pinapple?

Because i find it hard to cut it lol!! im useless this way i would use a lot more than i usually would

Well it only cost me £2.55 so its not broke then bank lol x

It looks to me like half the pineapple is left in there!! Pineapples are not straight so to take the pinapple out like that would leave a lot in there!
I'd then find myself cutting the skin open and slicing the remainder out.

Why do you waste half the pinapple?

You just read my mind! I also agree that a sharp paring knife would save you much more pineapple. LOVE pineapples, I didn't know they were a SS food!

Okay just checked and they're a speed food not superspeed, still good though cuz I thought it was in the blueberries/bananas category :D

And Delia has a recipe for using the outside to make a drink! I'll see if I can find it.

I've got REALLY weak wrists, so struggle with cutting loads of things - butternut squash and swede being the worst! - but our pineapple ritual is as follows:-

1. Hubby removes the top for me.
2. I thoroughly scrub the whole thing.
3. Hubby cuts the thinnest prickly layer off that he can - compost!
4. He then cuts a thicker layer off all round to remove the 'prickle
bases' ie all the brown bits, and puts on a plate.
5. I sit and nibble all these bits, trying not to cut tongue or lips!
6. Hubby cuts the rest into slices, and puts into fridge.
7. When we eat the slices, we both nibble round the core!
8. Voila! NO WASTE!!!

Enjoy your pineapples folks - but NOT in public!!!

Back