Pixie aiming for the stars

Pixie38

hi

Well this is not my first rodeo and I've been on here before!

I was doing ok but a recent health dip helped put on some poundage... gah!

So I'm back and trying a new lifestyle change aka diet.

It's the eat right for your blood type - I'm A- and have adjusted to eating more plant based, with limited chicken, turkey and fish.

Unofficially I started four days ago but not strict and yesterday I got strict so counting it as start date.

I was intrigued and I know some people think it's twaddle I myself was amused but I already feel something in honesty - so let's see how it goes :)

Lovely to re connect and hope to chat soon xxx

Morning

Day three! I didn't know if I could change my diet so drastically to reduce meat as I am a meat eater out and out. Yet, when you read about your stomach acid not coping with certain foods and it kind of rings true I guess I felt I owed it to myself to see and figure stuff out - been suffering many years what's a few months of trying something new. I'm sure someone great once said if you keep doing what you have always done you always get the same results yada yada.

So I know I can have fish, turkey and chicken - I don't abuse it as I'm trying turkey once a week, chicken once a week, fish when ever, total veggie meal as much as possible. That's my plan and I'm keeping it simple

Whilst looking into things iv noticed it's similar to Ayurveda diet plans and that's another subject that intrigues me as I'm studying herbal medicine foundation degree right now. It seems a lot of naturopaths use this as their go to diet to help heal their clients.

I think no one talks much about it because it's been boo hoo'd and that makes sense as if a diet promotes results via genetics rather then the standardised version and works - it will put a lot of businesses out of money - like pharmaceuticals, diet frontliners who practice one size fits all, industries promoting certain foods etc!

Personally I think there's a diet out there to suit everyone! I seen them all work for somebody - just not all.

I will respect other people's diet choice and hope they return that mutual respect.

Your genetics might suit ww, sw, juice plus, Herbalife, Atkins, paleo, raw, etc and I wish everyone good luck as dieting is hard, emotionally and physically - we each deserve and health, fitness and happiness ✨✨

Today's menus;

Breakfast;
Overnight oats called Apple pie - oats, Apple, almond milk, agave, spelt granola.

Lunch;
Rye bread slice, goats butter, scrambled egg, turkey rashers.

Dinner;
Rice noodles, veg, curry spice, soy sauce

Snacks;
Almond energy balls
Dried pineapple
Rice cake with onion and goats cheese

I am popping all stuff into mfp and stick to 1200 as best as I can.

For exercise I do the Helen Mirren program.

Omg the curried rice noodles was amazing and I certainly want this every week lol.

I'm feeling more energictic today I really hope I feel this good tomorrow - improving my energy is so high on my priority list :)

So today... I'm feeling pretty good today! That must mean something is going right I'm sure. I feel alert and almost energised.

Still early days but so far I have serious high hopes yay!

Today's menu;

Breakfast
Oats like yesterday

Lunch
Rye Crisp-breads
Smoked salmon pate

Dinner
Mushroom curry and egg fried rice.
Debating prawn skewers but technically shrimp is not on plan - I don't know how I feel about that haha probably make them for hubby, who will also have chicken with his.

Snacks
Today I have decided but the ones I have options for are homemade almond energy balls, dried pineapple, popcorn, the healthy cookies which I need to bake. Not like normal cookies these are full of super foods, damn a healthy cookie may take a while to get used to that.

Faddy goji berries hear I come haha ... eek as you can tell I'm a woman trying to get her eggs in a row yet it's all a bit like organise chaos right now :)

I'm interested to see how you get on :) I recently watched 'What The Health' on Netflix, and couldn't believe some of the statistics. I've not eaten meat since xx
Hi

Thank you, I have seen a lot of ppl mentioning that program.

I'm eating lots more plant based as per the blood type I purchased a dr d'adamo genotype test kit once I have done it I will probably purchase the Swami program to input results into and that way I will get a customised type a plan designed for my body.

I eat turkey, eggs we have our own chickens and they live a great life etc, chicken and fish.

I won't watch it, I feel meat is over abused for sure and that certain genetics do need it and others less so. I believe everything has life force energy and that's obviously in watching plants, animals and humans grow and blossom as it's all the same energy source it makes sense that all is sacred and important. All should be respected and thanked for substinance given so I won't be a hypocrite. I am thankful for all sacrifice for my survival and that's how I make peace with the meat and produce I eat, meat is very limited now though.

I do think I have a nice balance right now and I am feeling much more energised and healthy.

Discovering my mum is A- and my dad is O makes sense why I fair better with small amounts of meat and fish still in my diet.

I'm making sure a few days a week are completely vegetarian.

I will know more when I have my Swami plan :)

Five days in and I already feel like a new person - just the beginning so I'm excited to see how it develops in time xxx

Today's menu

Breakfast
Apple pie oats

Lunch
Rye toast
Butter
Egg
Turkey bacon

Dinner

Mushroom curry as I didn't have it yesterday and rice

Snacks

Deliciously Ella cookies which are awesome xxx

Good morning

Not going to lie we went out for a spontaneous meal last night. I chose fish and did not have a starter or dessert.

It was very tasty and today I have decided to repeat the plan of;

Oats

Crispbreads eggs and turkey bacon

Mushroom curry and rice.

I have been reading through the book and find it very interesting, I didn't do my genotype test yet as you need a helper and well basically I forgot lol! Doh.

So that's happening this morning - I love everything about this and so I am confident I will be very happy by the end of July - health wise I feel it is changing me for the better.

Now to get my body back.

Change already lol

I want today to be veggie day so lunch is now egg and avocado on rye toast - half a sleep earlier forgot I had decided that today.

Still so new to me and as I mentioned before I want vegetarian days in between ones where iv had one meal of either fish or meat.

Hubby said something great today - don't get hung up over scale learn the plan and feel better, feel better and work out and then you will see the changes! I needed to hear that :)

He is right as I feel like I'm getting energy back and I don't think I mentioned I am combating; ME, hypothyroidism, hashimoto, endo issues.

Fingers crossed healthwise it's going in the right direction xx

Well I think I'm having some diet toxins leaving drama today.

I'm having moments of feeling energised and great then I feel fluey and yuck then good.

I know diet changes tend to bring it in as withdrawal to items can cause it.

So I'm going with the flow today and made some bone broth which my group says is really good for type A.

Fingers crossed it's looking a good colour and smell is good.

Have had a big discussion on tofu and tempeh, mainly because I want to do what's right for my stomach and health. If digestion will be easier on my system by being more vegetarian I'll limit meat further but still with fish, I'm going to put my data into the swami programs at some point this week and then I should no which will be beneficial and which will not.

Today's veggie day certainly makes my stomach and chest feel lighter, so if I lived on that and broth I think I could be happy - looking forward to finding out for sure as so far I can tell things make my system healthier then others like;
Chicken meat is heavy, turkey bacon light, fish light, wheat bread heavy, rye crackers light, one rye bread light, two rye bread heavy etc lol

It's like a huge experiment at the moment but when I have my personalised report for my genetics snd A type it should be a little clearer xx

Yucky feelings passing now and again I feel more energised. Energised to run a marathon uh nope! But thoroughly happy with the improvement.

Watched a lecture on YouTube about it and found it all so fascinating.

Hoping and preying iv found something wonderful :)

Afternoon,

So genotype test were done this morning and wow was that vigorous! Turns out my genotype is Explorer, and I have ordered my swami program now.

This made me to busy to eat breakfast so lunch was;

Rye crispbreads with goats cheese and honeyed onions - I also had a deliciously Ella cookie very nice and some chicken bone broth.

Dinner is being decided.

So dinner yesterday, we played with spelt flour and our bread maker. We created a compliant pizza, it was nice but I do find yeast meh in honesty.

This morning I feel slightly groggy so we will see :)

Update...
Still on plan and including swami results now.

I had my star week which is why I went quiet I can't do social media much during that time gives me headaches.

No bloating so that's a small victory in my eyes and looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Today is

B- oats
L - veg curry
D - turkey steak veg and swede in onion gravy

Snacks not sure :) but will be type A compliant xx

Still going well - I know I gain more energy with more plant based foods and limited meat like fish and turkey.

Honestly keep craving cod! I don't know why I mean it's not an oily fish and if it was I could understand the omega side of it. It must have something in it so I'm going to look up the benefits of eating cod lol.

I'm loving turkey bacon over other types of turkey it's light on my tummy but just enough yummy to keep me happy.

Today is oats I have mixed a little soy protein into it as well - soy and tofu are beneficial foods according to my swami report for my type A genetics. Honestly have had mixed results with soy like when I used to have tofu soft or firm no problems except I didn't overly like the texture. Soya milk makes me itch and sometimes a rash appears! Maybe it's a quality issue - trying organic and also a little in my oats.

We are having two nights away this week leave Monday night and back Wednesday evening.

Big challenge to eat out on plan and in the caravan. I will shop for items to assist and I think I can do this :)

Lots of swimming and relaxation ahead, totally needed.

Lunch may be noodles

And yes I'm thinking of cooking vegetables in spices and maybe adding tofu - we will see!

Back