Place your bets!!

Lolagirl80

hi!

so I've got a question and I'd love some honest answers to it! what shall I eat on Friday night? just a bit of background - this is my first week back on Slimming world but I have had a night out booked for months now with some really good friends I hardly get too see, and i hardly get to go out with my hubby anymore, I was going to start after Friday but I thought I can always think of a reason not to start.

I've had a great first few days, stuck to plan and posted my diary on here every day.

So the table is already booked - at an indian - I know the choice couldn't be much worse! and the drinks are planned for after so my question is should i go for option a, b or c??!

oh and another bit of info normally i would have chicken jalfrezi, mushroom rice, onion bhaji, 2 poppadums and chutneys and half a peshwari naan with about 4-5 glasses of rose.

a) chicken jalfrezi, mushroom rice, a poppadum, rose wine (this wont feel like a massive deviation from what i normally have but will be high in syns)

b) veggie jalfrezi, boiled rice , half a poppadum, vodka and diet coke (this will be quite different but i think i'll still enjoy!)

c) another low syn veggie curry, plain boiled rice, soda water (this will be so different and i may feel like im missing out?)

What do we think peeps?

Thanks so much for reading all this - i know it isn't a real problem compared to "real life " issues I'd just love to hear opinions

lola x

Hi Lola!

Most people will probably advise you to go for the lowest syn option but i am going to disagree :) If you don't go out for dinner often, you might as well enjoy yourself! Slimming World isn't about sitting there unhappy with what's on your plate.

Flexisyn your night (allow yourself say 40 syns for Friday, and stick to them) and make some positive changes, but still have the food you want. If I were you, I would have:

Chicken Jalfrezi (13 syns)
1 poppadom with 1 tsp chutney (5 syns) or 1 quarter of a naan bread (5 syns)
If you love mushroom rice then get it, it's 5 syns. Or if you think you won't miss it too much, then save the syns and go for boiled.
Drink your Vodka & Slimline Tonic at 4 syns a pop. Wine isn't worth it.

Hope this helps somewhat! Anytime I've flexisynned, I've made sure I am 100% on the other days and have always had a loss afterwards. On the other hand, any time I've made choices I am unhappy with, I end up sabotaging myself elsewhere that week (i.e. "I was so good on Friday night that this biscuit/bar/packet of crisps isn't near as many syns as I could have used on friday").

Good luck and enjoy your meal :)

Oh and if you're going for a starter, I would generally recommend something like chicken tikka, or anything dry and not fired. I wish I could help with syns for these but am not sure of them since the plan changed.

Chicken Tikka (or Tandoori Chicken) is 9 syns for a main meal portion and 3.5 if you're having it as a starter.

Before SW it was Chicken Tikka Masala for me every time, with all the trimmings! Now I have chicken dupiaza for main as it's 7 syns, it's yummy and I don't feel I'm missing out. With chicken tikka starter (3.5), boiled rice (free), 1/4 plain naan (5) and a poppadum with 1 tblsp raita (5) That's a meal for 20 syns that I can do every week (which means I can carry on enjoying our regular Wednesday night curry club lol).

I agree with BrokenMirrors though, if it's a rare treat then I would enjoy it and use flexisyns....decide what your limit is beforehand, then stick to it, and you will still feel in control and enjoy yourself.

Aarrhh thanks so much for replying everyone! I think I'm going to go and enjoy myself but ditch the naan, have a curry and rice and a few vodkas I think 40 syns maximum is realistic and straight back on it the next day! I'll report back how it goes!! X

Good luck and enjoy your food! And remember, even if you get carried away and go a bit off the rails, it's only one night, get straight back on it tomorrow and you should be ok :)

hiya!

so I completely blew it on Friday but had a great time! ended up having.....
2 poppadums and chutney
chicken jalfrezi
1/2 mushroom rice
1/4 peshwari naan
6 small glasses of red wine!

wowee! was delicious though and straight back on it on Saturday and lost 3lb this week so happy with that!

x

I've decided to give myself a treat night to look forward to, no more than once a month. It's my birthday on 6th Feb, so that will be my first goal. Then I've booked a meal out for Mother's Day (March 15th), so that will be my next goal. I did this before when I was following the SW plan and it really worked for me. I lost over 6 stone the last time I did it.

Back