Plan for life/ family friendly

Crunchy

Am still undecided about SW or WW, I know all about WW as am doing it online. I want to join a class but don't know which diet to do.

Is SW something you can stick with for life? Is it really restrictive eg with bread, can I have toast for breakfast then a wrap for lunch? Are the syns so small you can hardly afford treats? What do you do to eat out?

I would like food all the family can eat especially my slightly pudgy 12 yr old. Is the plan family friendly?

I want a plan where I don't feel hungry as I get fed up being fat but hungry, going to bed with my stomach growling.

I have a few days to decide if I want to start a class this Weds.

Any help most appreciated x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

its easy if you make it easy i know people that like ww i know ppl that like sw its preference as for life,,,akk diets can be hard to stick to but i love sw when my head is in right plsace you can eat so much and i never go to be hungry i just ate snack a jacks a sandwich ///salad cream tomatoes salad 8 pieces of ham and a big jelly now im going to eat a yogurt i think ....people sayy dont eat after dark etc well i just ate 2ce after 8 pm and am i worried ...naaa cos it works so well you needent be hungry just need support and guidance ....if you want bread 2ce day its 2 bs on red or green for 4 slices if you need more syn it anythings possible....pizza made from mash...kfc style chicken...takeaways ... with slimming world its possible to use some calories on crap....with ww its possible to use all your points on crap if that makes sense,,,,i hope i do make sense because ive been on the go for a good few hours now lol

Hi, and welcome to this website. I do SW for the last year and I can honestly say that I have never eaten as much food since being on it! I have lost over 6St so far!
By planning your meals you can fit your bread requirement into a plan, I usually have 2 slices of wholemeal toast & baked beans followed by an apple for Breakfast most days, I follow the Extra Easy plan, 2/3 plate of free foods, 1/3 super free food and syns 5-15 per day, if you look at the link at the bottom of this page you will see that I eat almost everything I like!
Free food= meat with fat removed, fish, beans, potatoes, pasta, rice, eggs etc.
super free food=most fruit,most veg.
Syns=extra bread, drink, chocolate, etc ( in limited quantities!)
Pete

Hi, and welcome to this website. I do SW for the last year and I can honestly say that I have never eaten as much food since being on it! I have lost over 6St so far!
By planning your meals you can fit your bread requirement into a plan, I usually have 2 slices of wholemeal toast & baked beans followed by an apple for Breakfast most days, I follow the Extra Easy plan, 2/3 plate of free foods, 1/3 super free food and syns 5-15 per day, if you look at the link at the bottom of this page you will see that I eat almost everything I like!
Free food= meat with fat removed, fish, beans, potatoes, pasta, rice, eggs etc.
super free food=most fruit,most veg.
Syns=extra bread, drink, chocolate, etc ( in limited quantities!)
Pete

Well said Pete! In all honesty, I also eat MORE by following SW - its just that I am now eating more of the healthy filling foods instead of the quick fix junk that i used to scoff.

I cook some lovely meals and most non SW recipes can be tweaked to suit. I also have friends that do WW - it works too, it's just not for me - as I recall there used to be a lot of weighing and measuring , which if you're a busy person ( like me) there's no time for all of that.

Good luck with whatever you choose x

For me SW is something I know I can do for life, it fits in with me whether I'm eating home, holiday, meals out, yes I do need to use syns if eating out, but I don't find it restrictive. I still have my wine & chocolate with MiL on a Saturday night & evening meals are the same for me & OH.Try it, you've nothing to lose, except weight!

slimming world is good for family meals - everyone get to eat really healthily and the food is not weird in any way. Time wise - yes there is not very much weighing but it is really hard to eat any convenience foods as they are mostly quite high in syns even if they are low in calories so WW might be quicker if you want to eat sandwhiches for lunch and ready meals. Bread is quite tightly restricted when you use it as a healthy extra only. It is either wholemeal toast or cereal or dried fruit and one modest portion a day. But then you can syn bread too and a healty extra portion is worth 6 syns out of a daily allowance of 15. Wraps would have to be syns and it is 20 calories per syn so 7 - 10 syns per tortilla. I eat a lot of couscous, pasta and potato instead which are all free. Any butter you put on bread would also count extra so if you do slimming world bread does go off the radar a bit.

I would say if most of the food you eat in your meals is free food then 15 syns a day is fine for treats - penguin 5 syns, 10g butter on potatoes 3 1/2 syns, cracker 1 1/2 syns, small chocolate from a box 2 syns, packet of crisps 5 - 10 syns depending on size etc. Eating out I think is more tricky but I often go for a baked potato if they do that and you become aware of the general rules and can approximate the best choice. or you can look up syn values in advance for some of the big chains and decide what would be best.

It is not a diet where you feel hungry as there is always free food to snack on - fruit,vegetables, fat free yoghurts, an omlette etc and I usually use some of my healthy extra as a snack in the day too which keeps me going.

hi i dont agree that bread goes off the radar...i agree you have to adapt to the bread(i love white with butter) but if you can stomach wholemeal i eat2- 4 pieces a day(2bs on red or green) if i fancy more 3 slices of ww brown danish is one b choice theres always choices to make why have butter on your toast for 3.5 syns when 1 syns worth of ketchup or extra lite salad cream does the job for ya egg or tuna sandwiches

and i find food on the go is easy...make your sandwiches beofore you leave,,,,make up plenty of free meat to nibble...you can always find fruit or a jacket potato if your on the move ..jelly pots are half a syn there my beest sw friend..take yogurts with you..boiled eggs there really is no reason it is hard to stick to when on the move just a bit of planning..which i never do and i manage to find food on the go the only reason i dont stick is more to do with my mentality not the fact that its hard to follow

We do slimming world meals in our house all together so its easier to follow. Its a plan everyone can eat from its just a healthy eating plan! If you join a class and get a book the syns section even includes take aways like indian, chinese, italian etc so we can choose the lowest syn options.

I think your 12 yearold will be able to join in too of course, get the full family eating healthier!! The 15 syns arnt tight, they add upto 300 calories!

The only way you are going to know which diet is right for you is by trying both. You have tried WW, you are giving it up for a reason. so I suggest trying SW and see if it works for you.
I hated WW I like to eat out and I enjoy a variety of foods, I found my self living on WW pre packed meals as they were low in points, but I felt restricted all the time.

I find slimming world perfect for my life, my 6ft boyfriend enjoys the meals (and is almost at his target weight) and so does my 9 year old son, its so great knowing that I am giving my family a healthy diet that fits in with our life. 8 members of my friends and family have also joined now as they see what I get to eat and are amazed.
The only thing with SW is you have to cook, if you don't like cooking it won't suit you, any pre packed foods and sauces have syn values, but you will soon learn how easy it is to make your own and you will be eating fresh foods rather than food packed with salt and preservatives.

And I have been at target now for 10 months and it certainly is a plan for life, not a diet. Healthy eating which is sustainable for life. Enjoy, S W rocks ;)

Back