planned lapses

Lots2lose

Hi all :wavey:

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on planned lapses/coming off diet for birthday/wedding/holiday..??

Hiya, my own personal view is dont! It was my birthday last month and for the first time in many years, I didnt have champagne or cake! Its DD's 18th next month and she is also going to stick to plan. I just dont think its worth it. Also, when you see the really good results, you want to keep going with it. We dont have our holidays booked until January and I'll be at target by then. We have a wedding in Oct, but I plan to discuss coping strategies with my LLC nearer the time :)

Hiya, I typed a response an then lost it lol but I totally agree having come off plan for a holiday don't do it! I have struggled getting back on the plan and it's taken weeks which really wasn't worth it not to mention the weight gain!

I had my birthday and other occasions and stuck to plan completely, that was fine because wearing something in a smaller size made up for the food! I also challenged my family to come up with a night out that didn't involve food! After there is more to life than eating!

Good luck on making your decision xx

I am going to be on total until March/April. The only thing I'm not sure about is one meal, xmas dinner. And that would be just protein and veg to replace one pack. I will decide closer to the day. Other than that one meal I'm not sure about, I am planning on sticking to total 100%.

In my experience people who have planned lapses find it very hard to stick to 100% afterwards.

I agree with it being hard to come back after a long lapse. When I did this the first time I had 3 shortish planned lapses, a holiday, Christmas and my neice's wedding. I came back on fine until the last one. I think it was because I still had something to work for until then, ie my niece's wedding. After that there was no special occasion to work towards so it became very hard to stick to it. I didn't put it all back on, but it is tough trying to get back to where I was. This time I am once more having 3 planned lapses, my birthday, a revision weekend and Christmas. I think though to avoid the feeling that I can give up because Christmas is over I am going to plan a cruise for Easter. That way I will still have a medium term goal to work towards so shouldn't relax too much.

Hi. I didn't lapse at all when I was on LLT - including Christmas. All I will say is that a lot of the other people in my group did, and none of them have yet made it to the maintainence class... One year on.

LL is much much more about your thinking than the packs. It isn't just about getting back into ketosis. It's about committing to doing this because you really believe it's important, for you. What message does a planned lapse send your subconscious about the importance of the programme?

All I would say is think about it carefully - it's of course totally up to you! Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Back