Planning ahead. . .

IanH said:
My shopping bill went right up after starting SW. However my overall expenditure on food came down significantly as I wasn't getting takeaways 4 or 5 times a week and consuming at least £5 of crap a night. People use "it's more expensive to shop for a "diet"" as an excuse - not necessarily so if you're a careful shopper or if you eat out a lot.

I never pay full price for meat/fish - I wait for it to go on reduced price and freeze it - I got a pack of 3 pork steaks last week for 99p, and 3 thin-cut beef steaks for £1.50 (rather then between £2.50 and £3 a pack). OK - it makes it harder to plan as you never know whats going to be reduced - but by keeping a full freezer - there's always something there (i just need to catalogue what is actually in my freezer though) :)

Yeah thats right. We were eating at least 2/3 times a week.

I dont care if my food shopping goes up. As long as im eating healthily and losing weight, i dont care now, enough is enough.

Its worked! Lost 8llbs in one week!

"Fail to plan means plan to fail"

I wish SW would do a meal planner sheet, I'd buy them just so I have something to refer to.

Hi Shirleen,

I have a pdf copy of the food sheets they give you at class for the 1st few weeks which i'd happily send to you, but i find they are not laid out very well so i quickly put one together on the computer which i use everyday. I hoping my attachment works :) xxx

Attachments

• food diary.JPG
    food diary.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 9,667
I always plan what we are eating for our evening meals... sit down on a thursday night and write a menu for the week, which helps me write a shopping list for when i do my trolley dash on friday morning!!

I usually get whatever i need out of the freezer the night before or in the morning before i go to work .... I usually end up at the shops again on a Tuesday for more fresh veg and fruit because we are eating alot more than we used to?!?!?

I love planning my meals ahead. Not only does it help keep me on track but also helps me budget my food shopping too.
I often used to go out and buy aload of unnessary food thinking I had nothing in then you'd get home and find you did have too much in but just needed to make meals from it.

Now I plan a menu and do a shop buying exactly what I need for my meals. Or on a budgeted week I go through my cupboards and freezer and use up everything I can.

Here is the meal planner I like to use, I like how you can write in all the bits you need for your meals xxx

http://theprojectgirl.com/downloads/theprojectgirl.com-mealplanner.pdf

Back