Plateau help please !!

robsterswife

Tummy Mummy
I have definitely hit a plateau the last 4 weeks I have gone up down 1lb and am stuck.
Someone told me it is a good thing as once you hit your plateau the weight stays off better.
What will happen if I continue sw as usual ,I have lost 2.5 stone so far so am doing it right.
If I were to do success express could I go back to normal sw after ,do i cut my syns??
Help !!!!!

I always stick at 10.7 stone when I get there and it is so frustrating. Nothing I do seems to shift it after that. Will be keen to see what others say.

Hi robsterswife,

There are plenty of ways to boost your losses again, a few I have tried are drinking green tea, dropping syns, exercising more, eating lots of superfree foods + having more mix between red/green rather than extra easy every day. Hope this gives you some ideas.

I agree with the exercise, can you walk to WI each week and back, that'll be good. Maybe get a pedometer and challenge yourself to so many steps a day.. that way you'll try to outdo the day before's amount and it'll burn the fat, plus boost your loss and make you much healthier and fitter too. Def go with more SF foods and alternate your days as EP said. Give that a try, I bet it wil shift something for next week :) x

We've all be there, it's so annoying.

You could try varying what you eat, not just red/green/ee days but the actual food you eat. Try eating a different hexb each day or different hexb than you'd normally have.

Other than drinking plenty of water I can't suggest anything else. On a positive note you're not gaining that much, just a pesky 1lb:)

Thanks everyone , I do quite alot of walking already about 10 miles a week, but maybe I need to get the exercise dvd out again.
Is that it now then is it impossible to lose weight on sw from now on in, will definitely try some variety ,my diet has got a bit samey since I have started doing EE back to red/green I think.

If you tend to eat the same things all the time then your body will get used to it, just like never changing what you do at the gym. You need to challenge your body and it will soon start again. Lots of water, change your healthy extras, try meals you wouldn't normally. There are some great Spanish recipes in this months magazine. Anything with chilli in it boosts your metabolism.
How many syns do you have? Are you having enough? Check your portion sizes. Do a food diary and pretend you are on week 1 again. Or if you did a food diary and had a stonking loss and you still have it, repeat it! Good luck!

I'm stuck too :sigh: I sts 3 weeks ago, then lost 2lb and this week put on 1lb so over the last 3 weeks I've only lost 1lb. :cry:

I can't exercise much because I have a long-term illness and I do take lots of meds but I have lost 7lb since I started so I know it can be done. :confused:

I don't have many syns because I don't have room for them. Can you tell me why we need them please because I do sw online so no-one to ask. Also, any ideas of what syns I can have that won't fill me up. :sigh:

Thanks Allie. I love mayo and olive oil so that won't be a problem! I'm not keen on butter but now I have some ideas and know why I need them, that's a great help.

OK thanks, I will from now on - problem is there's a great temptation to use them on alcohol and I'm guessing that's not going to do the job?! I'll check out syn value for olive oil. :)

i started bout same time as you and also hit a plateau recently :mad:, sts for 3 weeks but moved this week :D.

I just stuck to the plan, was thinking bout changing to ee but i was skint after a shopping spree so had to stick to green days as usual.

Stick with it-the lbs will start to come away again and maybe mixing things up a bit or doing different exercise will give it a nudge in the right direction

Back