Please allow me...

Wyrdsysta

to introduce myself... *sings* im a man of wealth..... oops :doh:... got sidetracked again!

Seriously though guys...
-My names' Wyrd and I'm new to this lovely little community! (yes.. the name fits I know! :D)

I've been reading along, love what I've stumbled across and felt inspired to register which doesnt happen often.

Some 5 years ago I mustered the courage to go to my first slimming world class having tried all sorts of fad diets to no successful outcome except and increased amount of self loathing.
Slimming world changed all that!!!!! :flowers:

I managed to lose 3.5st and drop 3 dress sizes and whats best of all is I have managed to maintain (give or take a lb or two every now and then) my weight!

Changes in circumstance resulted and in me moving and leaving slimming world.

I am now ready to make the effort and finally get to my target weight... Feeling disheartened by my current financial situ & inability to rejoin I was given a kick by all the inspirational stories and support I have seen here, reminding me how much fun and how rewarding it is to follow a s/w plan!
I think I can do it for me.... fingers crossed without going to class...

So a thank you is due and I hope this will be a mutually joyous relationship!

Welcome to Minimins where you'll find all the support and help you need to reach your target! We have lots of members who don't go to class and do it on their own and from what I've heard, this is their lifeline.

Welcome and good luck for your first week!

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your weight loss and SW journey. X

Thank you!!
I'm actually really excited... I think its the weigh in and the discipline that it promotes which I will miss but I'm confident!
Have to stand on my own two feet sooner or later. :)

Last edited:
Yeah welcome to the madhouse, and good luck on your journey.

Hee hee hee - welcome from another newbie to what is clearly becoming a favourite mad house to visit ;-)

You sound good fun! You'll fit in here no bother! Welcome aboard!

Thanks everyone! nice to receive such a warm welcome! :)

Just sneaking in a few minutes of surfing whilst on lunch.... awfully inconvenient this whole work thing! hehe...

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Hi and welcome to the madhouse!!!

Good luck with your journey.

Thank you Cobweb!

Not always so chirpy I can assure you!
Having a good day.... got myself organised.
Porridge, mugshot, Ryveta & Mullerlight for lunch/breakkie....

Being in control & prepared makes me feel good.
Keeping it up is the hard bit!

Thank you though.... really appreciate the kind words!!

Back