PLEASE ANSWER!!

Tinkerbellthefairy

Silver Member
Hi Everybody I posted this a couple of days ago and although plenty of people have read it nobody has replied!

Can anybody help?

Still got a way to go, but I was wondering what the rules are to starting a refeed?

I read that tfr is generally a 14 week programme, but i've also seen some people here doing it for much longer.

I keep getting told how LT is not good for me! Why is it so bad?

I want to get down to a healthy BMI and was thinking that when the LT slows down I would switch to SW to lose the last pounds. I would realistically like to lose another 3 1/2 st perhaps.

I'm just trying to plan things in my mind and trying to work out how much longer I will be doing this for. Not that i'm struggling with the LT at all, i'm finding it really easy so far. I've just started week 8 and loving the results.

Thanks Emma x

I was only on it for 7 weeks tfr and found the re-feed quite hard. You really, really have to stick 100% to what it tells you to do on the refeed sheet. I've seen other posts on here that confirm SW is a good way forward after TFR. Preparation is the key but don't let your determination slip as soon as you can start eating again otherwise you'll end up putting the weight back on. Don't know why people are saying it's bad - cause it's all medically run and supervised so they obviously don't know what they are talking about. If you feel well, are getting the results that you want and your pharmacist is happy then I don't see how it can be doing any harm. Someone else on here is following the GL diet which seems quite good. My pharmacist just said go low GI after doing the refeed programme, keeps control of blood sugars/insulin/glucose levels.

Firstly stop worrying about it.......

Do refeed when you are ready and when you feel comfortable with how you are!

There is no set time limit for TFR. I did it for well over 20 weeks.

TFR isnt bad for you - infact its probably better - you are getting every single nutrient you need for the entire day. The only thing is calories. But it is a controlled diet and there really is no need to worry. Those that tell you its bad are probably just jealous that you have the willpower and are losing fabulous amounts of weight.

Hope that helps a little :) x

Thanks Princess and Tanya Jane, thats all I needed to hear! Feeling really good on LT, can't believe how much smaller i'm getting. I think I will just carry on going till I feel happy with myself. Just wish I knew how long its gonna take! lol Nevermind not too much of a hardship anyway, finding it pretty easy. I know the hard work starts in maintenance.
Emma x

Base it on an average loss of 1st a month chick :)
So if you want to lose another 3.5st then estimate another 18weeks roughly. x

Thanks Tanya Jane, thats what i'll do!!! Mid November - December seems a long way away, but these 7 weeks have gone fast already. Just going to carry on taking it a week at a time. At least i'll be able to have christmas dinner and wear a sexy dress for christmas nights out! woo hoo!
Exciting stuff!!!

By the way Tanya Jane I think you are inspirational, love your pictures. You must be so pleased.

Emma x

Emma, take it a week at a time and don't panic. You will know when it feels right to stop or switch to another programme. Personally, I did TFR for 26 weeks and felt great on it. I swtched to GL then to lose the rest. I felt that if I went on to a plan then it would help form good habits going forward. Gl has really worked for me as I do not consider it a diet. There are just foods that I no longer eat and eat other things instead.
My advice is stick with TFR until you see your losses declining over a few weeks or just feel like changing. Then refeed carefully and eat healthily to maintain your losses.

Thanks Irish Mollie.

Will take it week by week and see where i'm at. Just looked at your pics and you've done so well!
Emma x

Back