Please help - fussy partner

3106Catherine

Silver Member
So, I've been on and off SW since 2010, great plan, I know it works and I'm now on plan for my wedding in May. However, my partner keeps moaning about his belly and wanting to lose weight. I know SW would work for him, if he could cut out all the other crap that he eats, especially the crisps in the evening.

However, in typical bloke fashion he claims to be able to do it himself, by cutting out meals! The problem is this I follow mainly red/SP. Now he doesn't eat fish, chicken, lamb or ham. He will eat beef mince, diced beef in casseroles, roast beef, burgers, sausages, pies. He won't eat the quorn pieces, we tried, its the texture.

So this is the problem I face, I'm quite happy and able to send him to work with SW friendly lunches, either wholemeal sandwiches with reduced fat cheese and salad, or a few bits of bread and a tin of beans (they have a toaster and microwave). But in terms of evening meals, as you can see it is somewhat limited.

I know he likes the SW meatballs cos we had those before, we have yet to try the burgers and sausages but they could become a lifesaver and good substitute man food! I have never done green days, I don't even have any of my old books, but I'm wondering whether with his distaste of meat and fish, if I should go more down a green route, or pasta based dishes for him. I just don't want to end up cooking 3 different meals, as I've got two kids and I don't eat potato, pasta, rice etc!

If anyone has any dinner suggestions, vegetarian really, that would be fab x

I was just about to suggest how about some vegetarian dishes then I saw your comment at the bottom!

I'm not a vegetarian but love some of the recipes, some suggestions are three bean chilli, quorn spag bol, vegetable stir fry and my favourite is eggs, baked beans and SW chips!

Good luck :)

I was just about to suggest how about some vegetarian dishes then I saw your comment at the bottom!

I'm not a vegetarian but love some of the recipes, some suggestions are three bean chilli, quorn spag bol, vegetable stir fry and my favourite is eggs, baked beans and SW chips!

Good luck :)

Yes I'm wondering whether to disguise the diet in SW burgers, sausages and egg, chips and beans lol. Thing is he probably wont like the home made chips! I am wondering whether investing in an actifry might be a good idea x

Best of luck it is always difficult finding something that everyone likes.

there is some really good SW recipes if you type in Google .

Well he's just had his lunch of 2 linda mccartney sausages, baked beans, 2 eggs in frylight and 2 pieces of wholemeal with a squirt of ketchup!

I have an Actifry and it makes delicious chips!

Apparently Aldi has something similar on offer in store from Thursday which I might look at getting x

Go for it! The real thing is really expensive but I bought mine a few years ago at a really good price.
It makes great chips but you can also do parsnip, carrot or beetroot chips in it, or a mixture of everything. I've heard some people say they do stir fries in them and my hubby has cooked sausages in it too.

I love my actifry, wouldn't be without it!

Well he's just had his lunch of 2 linda mccartney sausages, baked beans, 2 eggs in frylight and 2 pieces of wholemeal with a squirt of ketchup!

And dinner of steak, fried mushroom and red onion in balsamic vinegar, and a mix of salad pieces. No complaints from him so far! Am sending him to work tomorrow with half a tin of baked beans and two slices of wholemeal, a SW carrot and coriander soup, a pack of asda wholewheat crisp snack things and a couple of oranges. Dinner will be beef, veg and I'm going to try the oxo SW roast potatoes.

I need to pick him up some mugshot pasta things tomorrow as they're free he can have those at work and I don't have to worry too much! He's a bloke with a big appetite so needs to be able to pick easily.

Back