Please help, I just want to hide in bed!

Hello Annie:)

How are you today?:)

Morning Annie :)

hello Annie :wavey: and :welcome2:. This site is a great place to be. I done LL back in april 2006, nearly five years ago now:eek: and I still keep trying to get back the "success" I had first time with CD and LT (except as I lost 4st and put on over 5, it wasn't quite a success, more disaster lol) and it just hasn't sunk in yet that it doesn't work for me as I keep on trying.:rolleyes:

I'd love to do low carbing as I'm diabetic and the white flour just creates more sugar cravings. At my biggest in Nov '08 I was almost 22st and I've remained 19.5st for the past two years somehow. Anyways good luck and keep posting here, the lows as well as the highs. :)

Lyn, I am an insulin dependant diabetic and I am low carbing. I feel great! Come join me.:D

Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely messages :)

Decided to just reduce my carbs for a few days and to trial a few recipes. Things mad at home for the next few days and away over weekend so don't want to attempt to start and not be able to. Eating out low-carb is a bit more difficult when you don't eat meat!

But, have tried some delish meals (added recipe for spinach gratin to recipe thread) and now getting some protein shakes for breakfast. Ordered Pig to Twig cookbook as I like cooking and it has some great reviews.

So, starting slowly but definitely in a good frame of mind :)

Hope everyone else is doing well too?

AA

Hey Annie!

Hope you have an awsome weekend away and let your hair down!

I, on the other hand, will mostly be packing all weekend due to moving on the 18th *sigh*
However, I may partake in a small alcoholic beverage this evening!

Good luck with the cooking. I swear Atkins makes me actually cook more! (says the woman who's ordering take away for dinner!)

Claire xx

Atkins is great for Type II diabetes sufferers. Not sure about Type I.
My cousin in Glasgow is a retired nurse, and is now a research nurse. She is is on Metformin. It makes her ill - very bad tummy pains, but she told me she really needed it.

I advised her to try Atkins. Within days she was astonished to report a marked change for the better in her bloods!

She could not believe it. And she felt great, full of energy. Her cravings were gone. She was able to stop using her meds because to lower levels even further she said would have been dangerous.

However she is like most here - she craves carbs. She has slipped a few times and returned to taking meds on those days. But she told me that all the nutritional advice she had been trained to give others - and had been given, herself - was nonsense. She was advised to eat toast and jam for breakfast... etc. She said last winter, 'carbs were the 'baddie', all along!'

She is 60 years old now and has changed her mind totally about the effect of low carbing on blood sugar levels and on the treatment of diabetes in general.

Atkins is great for Type II diabetes sufferers. Not sure about Type I.
My cousin in Glasgow is a retired nurse, and is now a research nurse. She is is on Metformin. It makes her ill - very bad tummy pains, but she told me she really needed it.

I advised her to try Atkins. Within days she was astonished to report a marked change for the better in her bloods!

She could not believe it. And she felt great, full of energy. Her cravings were gone. She was able to stop using her meds because to lower levels even further she said would have been dangerous.

However she is like most here - she craves carbs. She has slipped a few times and returned to taking meds on those days. But she told me that all the nutritional advice she had been trained to give others - and had been given, herself - was nonsense. She was advised to eat toast and jam for breakfast... etc. She said last winter, 'carbs were the 'baddie', all along!'

She is 60 years old now and has changed her mind totally about the effect of low carbing on blood sugar levels and on the treatment of diabetes in general.

I am type one and I'm finding this diet wonderful. I have had to adapt my insulin intake but my blood glucose levels are perfect. I couldn't be happier (except for the constipation, Grrrrrrrrr ).

we demand facts and figures !!! ....... any weight loss ? thinking of you xx

Hi Annie, have just read your thread. Hope your getting on well with your recipes and new cook books! Am looking forward to reading the recipes you post. Take care my love and kep going!

xxx

Back