PLEASE HELP, I NEED FIBRE ASAP!!!! what can I take??

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Hi guys, I need fibre, won't go into detail but I NEED IT!!
It's my day 4.
I have senakot orange drink thingies and I have the choc. lax somewhere in the house. I imagine the choc. lax has tons of sugar in it, what can I take???

I'm deffo in ketosis, did another stick this morning, I don't want to come out of it but need to take addtional fibre.

When I asked my cdc about constipation on our first meeting she said I should use a suppositary, so would have the same effect as an enima, I believe I can get them from BOOTS.

please help x x x x

If you are blocked then you need to sort that. At our recent training day they said to take your laxative of choice but I have no idea if the chocolate one would knock you out of ketosis.

I've heard of some people using Movicol which I believe adds water to the bowel and helps you to pass it easier - do a search on here I'm sure it's where I've read it.

Fibre 89 which you buy from your counsellor is a prevention not a cure. Once you've cleared it I'd reccommend taking the fibre 89 twice a day religiously - that's what I do :)

hi spooky, thanks for that.... I'll be sure to get some today, asap. :)

If you are blocked then you need to sort that. At our recent training day they said to take your laxative of choice but I have no idea if the chocolate one would knock you out of ketosis.

I've heard of some people using Movicol which I believe adds water to the bowel and helps you to pass it easier - do a search on here I'm sure it's where I've read it.

Fibre 89 which you buy from your counsellor is a prevention not a cure. Once you've cleared it I'd reccommend taking the fibre 89 twice a day religiously - that's what I do :)

cheers Kath, wish I knew about fibre 89, I would have bought it:( on Monday, deffo will be on my list for next weeks supply. Thanks again x

thanks so much kath, I've just read both of them.
you're a gem. I'm gonna call tesco now and see what time their chemist opens,,, gonna get them straight away.

oh, what's the best to use after this? fibre 89 or psyllium husks, also a post said SLIMATREE, these are a herbal tea.
sorry to wrack your brain, especially so early. xxx

I've never tried slimatree so can't comment on that. But I have tried Psyllium Husks and Fibre 89. I loved the husks at first and used to make a porridge with them, I lasted 3 days before the texture got to me and I just can't face them at all now. Some people love them though so it's a real personal thing I think :)

I use Fibre 89 every day, it's tasteless and has no texture so you don't notice it's in your drink. You can also put Fibre 89 into your hot tea or coffee if you want to, if you forget to put it in your shake. For me it's Fibre 89 but everyone's different :)

Good luck, hope you get yourself sorted soon.

Oh one important thing here - water is massively important, when you have Fibre 89 in a shake make sure you drink a glass of water too or else it will have the opposite affect, same with the husks I should imagine.

For today, take a hot bath and drink some warm water if you can, should help a little. If you can get out for a walk it'll help also. Water water water water ;)

I've never tried slimatree so can't comment on that. But I have tried Psyllium Husks and Fibre 89. I loved the husks at first and used to make a porridge with them, I lasted 3 days before the texture got to me and I just can't face them at all now. Some people love them though so it's a real personal thing I think :)

I use Fibre 89 every day, it's tasteless and has no texture so you don't notice it's in your drink. You can also put Fibre 89 into your hot tea or coffee if you want to, if you forget to put it in your shake. For me it's Fibre 89 but everyone's different :)

Good luck, hope you get yourself sorted soon.

Oh one important thing here - water is massively important, when you have Fibre 89 in a shake make sure you drink a glass of water too or else it will have the opposite affect, same with the husks I should imagine.

For today, take a hot bath and drink some warm water if you can, should help a little. If you can get out for a walk it'll help also. Water water water water ;)

:innocent0001: thank you Kath:party0011: you are sooooo helpful.

so amazed at your weight loss, omg how amazing!!!

thanks again Kath, see you around no doubt xxx

Back