PLEASE HELP! - I Want To Make a 3 Course Meal

Meggy182

hiiiii :)

So I've only just joined MiniMins although i come on here quite alot to get help with pro points so i thought i might as well join and actually be able to get involved :)

I did weight watchers a couple of years ago without going to meetings or online and went from 12.4stone to 10.7 and am now trying to get from 10.7 to 8.7 and then i'll be happy!
I've started a few times and gone off track but because im going away in september i really want to stick to it this time and ive made myself charts and hope that with online moral support i'll be able to do it!

Anyways I'll get to the point now :) On Monday I've been with my Partner 7months (not a huge amount of time but we like to do something each month) and i want to cook him a 3 course meal, last time i cooked him one i wasn't dieting so was easy to find gorgeous recipes but now i'm really struggling to find exciting ideas that won't mean to many points.....my partner isn't into salads and vegetables so i want a 'manly' meal without huge points...i know its asking alot lol.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)
Thanks!

Some ideas from my recipe folder, if you want the recipes I'll type them up- just let me know which:

Starter: lemon and raspberry pancake rolls (7pp)

Main: Classic beef burger (10pp), chicken, rosemary and parmesan burger (10pp) or chicken tikka masala (9pp)

Side: Chips (using 600g potato) - 6pp each serving

Dessert: Key lime pie (5pp a slice), lemon meringue roulade (5 per serving) or strawberry and amaretti parfaits (6 each)

Drink: 0pp lemonade (also have recipe)

If you went with the highest value options that's still 29pp- I don't know if that's too high for you?

I made a yummy steak dinner for me and OH a while back which i found on my app recipes. Its called fillet steak with root vegetable mash and mushroom sauce. Its says the recipe PP is 11PP a serving but i tweaked it slightly..

Basically still had the fillet steak which i weighed out..the points are in the book, made a mash to go with. I got a tub of tesco light choices mash which is like 3PP for 125g and mixed half of it with some mashed butternutsquash, swede would be good also. I gave me alot less mash and more butternut squash and the other way round with my hubby.

I made a mushroom sauce using the ww recipe. Fried off some mushrooms, crushed garlic and spring onion, made up a veg stock cube and poured that in and to make it a nicer sauce a tablespoon of ww creme fraiche. Stirred through some chopped parsley and served the steak, mash and some sauce over steak.

Was sooo nice. Im sorry i dont have exact points but everything was weighed at the time and it was low PP for the food there was. Definately lower than the 11PP original ww recipe. Could add some nice chargrilled veg as well.

Steak is a manly meal also :) I had fillet which was lowest in points but i made my OH a ribeye steak as its his favourite cut and alot bigger than i had ha

Thanks to both of you for your help :)

Littlemissthin - whats the method for the 6pp chips and how much is a portion?
and also the classic beef burger recipe would be nice :)

Thanks again

Thanks to both of you for your help :)

Littlemissthin - whats the method for the 6pp chips and how much is a portion?
and also the classic beef burger recipe would be nice :)

Thanks again

I use the Slimming World syn free chips:
Syn-free chips - Recipes - Slimming World

One portion is one Maris Piper potato- 600g of uncooked potato should give 300g chips each- 6pp each- but I find a 250g potato does me fine (5pp) and a 400g one was fine for my boyfriend (8pp). I think the rule for uncooked potatoes is 1pp= 50g. That's what I go off anyway. :)

The classic beef burger- from a WW magazine:

• 10pp per serving

• 38pp per recipe

• Serves 4 (I'd just half everything- or give the boyfriend more than me :))

• 10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook

• £1.27 per serving

500g (1lb 2oz) extra lean beef mince
1 red onion, chopped finely
1 large garlic close, crushed
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp tomato ketchup

To serve:
4 small sesame buns, split
A good handful of shredded iceberg lettuce
2 gherkins, sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced

1. Combine mince, onion, garlic, parsley and ketchup in a large bowl. Season well and shape into 4 burgers

2. Preheat the grill to medium-high and grill burgers for 15 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through

3. Toast the cut side of the buns and put some lettuce on each of the bases. Top each with a burger and some gherkin and onion, then finish with the top half of the bun. Serve.

For an extra 2pp you can add a cheese slice :) And if you don't like garlic, this is easy enough to omit :p

No problem :) I love SW chips!

Back