Please help..... I'm losing it!

minirog

Silver Member
I'm only on day 13 and I'm in tears as I'm struggling so much today. It's been a really stressful day (including a birthday party where I had to avoid sausage, chips and cake cake cake) and now I just feel like I can't do this anymore.

I hate the way I look - REALLY hate it - but I don't know if I can hack this. I want to try and relax with some good tv, a latte and a slice of the bloody cake.

I just feel a bit lost.

All I've eaten today is one banana shake and a leek and potato soup so I have one more pack to go but I so want something else.

Help!!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aww you've managed 16 whole days, I am sure you can make it 17!

I am surrounded by food too - at work the kids have snack mid morning and then lunch, and then I come home and have to make evening meals and packed lunches for my hubby and son. Trust me it DOES get easier, and it is worth while in the end.

Have your 3rd pack and then treat yourself to a long soak in the bath with a trashy mag or good book xx

you have to stay strong!!! Don't fall at this hurdle, I have fallen unfortunatley, I had a weeked of food and alcohol and it is so hard to get back on track, all I want to do is eat, its more stressful than sticking to it 100%. You have done so well to avoid temptation, you can obviously do this! :)

Good luck!

It might make you feel better momentarily but it wont help in the long run.

Honest.

Treat yourself to something else instead, if you get through the next wee while say 21 days as that a milestone got for a manicure or a massage or something. Something thats not food.

Hang in there

Hun, when you get your next shakes, get a vanilla one and put a tsp of coffee in it and mix it with ice....frappaccino....come on STAY stong!!!

YOU HAVE COME SOO FAR! dont do this to yourself xx

you can do it. come on! have your shake then have an early night. sleep it off. come over and see some pics of me. i've got 2 ones of me now and 1 of how fantastic i was before i got pregnant. see how fab you can look when you stick to it.

Stay strong!!!

Just think that one piece of cake could add extra week onto your diet - is it really worth an extra £35? Especially when you could spend that money on a new top once you're at goal. When's your next WI? I always try and reason with myself that I'll have a SS+ day after WI but I never do - I just like the idea of something to look forward to, but whenit comes down to it I don't actually want it

Minirog, you CAN do it. Have your last shake now and go to bed asap, I've found sleep really helps on this diet :rolleyes:. And also, don't hate yourself, I know it's hard but it really makes losing weight more difficult. Try to take an objective look at yourself, what do you like about yourself? You might have lovely eyes or a great smile, think about family or friends who appreciate you as you are. I know it might sound like a huge cliche but it really helps. Good luck x

You'll only regret it in the morning. Feel good tomorrow instead of bad. I know how hard it is. I'm a cake fanatic. The only way I can lost weight is by calorie counting so I can have cake when I want it. I've lost 6 stones now and I have 3 more to lose. I have an eating out guide listing all the coffee shops eating places and I can go and have the occasional burger or latter if I get that urge and I go out for a meal once a month and then I don't feel guilty or break my diet. But just push through it...do something to take your mind off it.

If you're still struggling tomorrow why don't you have an ss+ day? Having that small White and green meal sometimes helps satisfy that urge to eat. SS+ doesn't affect your losses, if you're not sure what you can have contact you CDC before you do it just to check.

It's worth a try rather than giving in just yet. Hope you're feeling better about CD soon, it really is worth persevering with it!!!! Good luck Hun xxx

Surfhunny is spot on, ss+ day is the best option on days where you crave food.

Deepak x

Sorry, I misread what day you were on in my original post. Getting old you see ;)

So, the all important question is.........did you make it through or did you have something?

And how are you feeling this morning?

You are echoing what I felt not too long ago

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/140495-really-fed-up-all.html

BUT and a big BUT...I got past it! If I had given in that would have made me feel far worse. I am sure evryone will agree with me whne I say we all have days like this when you have had enough. But we also have days when we feel on top of the world - including the day after we felt rubbish because we stayed strong!!

I hope it passed. xxx

Hope you got through the day Minrog x

how you doing today girl? whether you gave in or not last night doesnt matter today. drink loads and dont give yourself a hard time if you did eat. just get bak on the wagon and think about how crap eating did make you feel. i know how you feel as i have struggled too but i can say from experience that a LOT of the time your mind is tricking you. when i think i absolutely need that piece of cake or bread i tell myself to make myself a piece of chicken and salad. funnily enough i find i am not hungry for that kind of food and thats when i realise that i'm not really hungry at all. if you are pls have some chicken/tuna/fish and salad and you will find that it fills a massive gap very well and you feel virtuous. have some tuna on standby in drawers so you can have some on desperate days but dont hate yourself anymore. you are amazing for doing CD and getting to day 13!

I'm so sorry, I've just got back online and (even though I've not read all the replies yet, I am about to do so) I'm so amazed that you all took the time to reply. Thank you.

Right, I'm just going to read them and then I'll be back.

Me xx

p.s. Thanks again, I'm blown away!

I did what you all suggested and had an early night! I turned my final shake into a 'muffin' which was good and went to bed and slept it off.

I feel better today and am determined that I CAN and WILL do this. It's hard, but then so is being so fat and hating how I look. Tomorrow is my second weigh-in so hopefully that will bring some good news. I reckon I am aiming at 3lbs a week so fingers crossed.

You are all awesome to have taken the time to reply and I really really appreciate it.

Now, I'm going to find some threads where I can 'pay it forward' and offer others some encouragement!
Come on gang! Together we CAN do this :)

Me x

I did what you all suggested and had an early night! I turned my final shake into a 'muffin' which was good and went to bed and slept it off.

I feel better today and am determined that I CAN and WILL do this. It's hard, but then so is being so fat and hating how I look. Tomorrow is my second weigh-in so hopefully that will bring some good news. I reckon I am aiming at 3lbs a week so fingers crossed.

You are all awesome to have taken the time to reply and I really really appreciate it.

Now, I'm going to find some threads where I can 'pay it forward' and offer others some encouragement!
Come on gang! Together we CAN do this :)

Me x
Brilliant!! xxx

Excellent news Minrog, dead proud of you. Sometimes the 'want' part takes over. None of us on the SS plan need food, but it doesn't stop us from wanting it.

I am trying to plan my post CD life already (even though I will be on the plan for at least 2 more months!) and a very big factor in my plans is weighing up the 'want' and 'need' factor. If we can realise we don't need it now, I am guessing we'll be able to apply that to life post CD too, which in turn will help all of us with maintenance.

Well done you!!!

Minirog, glad to hear you survived last night, there will be more tough moments but you proved to yourself that you can deal with them without resorting to food. Just come on here whenever you have a difficult day. x

Back