Please help me. I am new to all this.

foi1983

Hello,

Well I have finally decided to do something about my 3 stones of excess fat and have joined SW.

I am still trying to get to grips with it, so please be patient with me.

I am having a red day today and am making a roast chicken. I will have some carrots with it and some potatoes as my healthy extra B. I know that I am only allowed 227g of potatoes but if I want to have two HEBs, can I have 2 x 227g of potatoes? (hope I am not talking utter rubbish).

Also, I would like to have scrambled eggs and baked beans for brekky. How much beans can I have and is this just one of my two healthy extra Bs.

THANKS

Also,can I have gravy with it?

Thanks a lot lentil2.

I better get some bacon to eat with my eggs then.

For the potatoes, is that 227g when cooked (boiled or roasted) or uncooked? Thanks

as far as im aware its 227g raw weigh with skin

I would personally have this as a green day

breakfast
scrambled egg (use some milk from hexa)
baked beans (as many as u want as free on green)
2 bacon rashers hexb
(you could have mushrooms, grilled tomatoes too)

tea
chicken as hexb
potatoes as many as you want as free (could mash with rest of milk left from bfast)
all the veg.

Make gravy from bovril which is free and the water the veg was cooked in. I love gravy so have quite alot, thicken with cornflour (mix first with a little cold water). cornflour is 1 syn per tsp or 3 1/2 sins per tbsp.

Last edited:
I would personally have this as a green day

breakfast
scrambled egg (use some milk from hexa)
baked beans (as many as u want as free on green)
2 bacon rashers hexb
(you could have mushrooms, grilled tomatoes too)

tea
chicken as hexb
potatoes as many as you want as free (could mash with rest of milk left from bfast)
all the veg.

Make gravy from bovril which is free. I love gravy so have quite alot, thicken with cornflour which is 3 1/2 sins per tbsp. or a tsp of cornflour is 1syn.

I guess what day you have depends on how much meat/potatoes you want. Its up to the individual really. I would want more than 2 rashers of bacon personally!! ;)
I use Bisto gravy, its 1 syn per teaspoon so for 3/4 syns you can have some decent thick rich gravy!! ;)

I guess what day you have depends on how much meat/potatoes you want. Its up to the individual really. I would want more than 2 rashers of bacon personally!! ;)
I use Bisto gravy, its 1 syn per teaspoon so for 3/4 syns you can have some decent thick rich gravy!! ;)

thx

Thank you all.

You are all so helpful.

I will.

I am trying to make a shopping list. I know meat/poultry is free on red days but it has to be lean. Does that mean a beef/pork joint is out of the question?

You're a star Sam.

Hi , good luck with your weightloss. it takes a wee while to get used to but soon it will become second nature. You could also give the extra easy plan a go if you have it, or when you get it x

Back