Please help me! I've just eaten a giant block of icecream..

Have you never had a mix a mousse.. NOW you have got me started. Yes they are like that they are amazing.. But you have to get them right.. You must must try one. I have only been having them for about 2 weeks now but Love them x

No it's my first week, I saw the mix-a-mouse pot thing on my CDC's shelf but I didn't think to ask at the time. When I get my new packs I'll ask her about it. And then I'll ask you about how to do them properly as you do seem like the mousse guru of minimins.

OMG!! I've been rakcing my brains to try to think of something comforting and supportive to say and now all I wanna do is buy tetras next week and freeze em lol xx

Oooooh, thanks for the ideas ladies:p When I get some tetras I must try the ice-cream, and making icelollies = ingenious (provided they're tasty!) :)

oh my gosh , lady, you had me fooled. was gonna by pass this , but wanted to see what reason you gave for eating it.
and i had to read the title twice and contents as i thought i had clicked the wrong thread.
i must admit this was a good one, and has meade me chuckle.
a rep from me you get. ta!

May I just say that on a psychological POV I have slight reservations over 'toying' with food. I mean, we're all on this diet because we have a love affair with food. Shouldn't we be reminding ourselves that food isn't there as a resource for fun but is indeed intended soley for nutition purposes. I think this anyway and am determined to eat what is necessary and put my obsessions elsewhere, does that make sense? Of course, we're all different but isn't it worth food for thought: pardon the pun!

Interesting thought Penny...
I have actually had thoughts like this over time too.... and I don't ever make cd'crisps' or cd'muffins' for this point (as well as nuking out the nutrients)
But, since being on CD this time, I have been cooking for my family, I am using good quality fresh food and am making some delicious recipes, all of them are low fat, many lowish carbs, low salt etc... I have been doing this so that not only does it improve the health of my family, but so that when I am at my desired weight, I can slip back into the new way of eating instead of my old habits.
Now the thing is, food CAN be fun! Food can be delicious, and these same foods can be good for us, I think it's a head game....
I don't think there is a problem at all with making icecream and lollies, because we know they are healthy and allowed... just the same as when we come off CD we will be looking for healthy alternatives.
I think if it helps with the monotony and we are not saying.... Hahaha we can still eat junk, then it can be a learning curve.
We just have to make sure it is the right mindset we are using when we eat anything.... afterall when I have a shake, it is thick, creamy... and very sweet.... similar to Mc d's.... But I for one won't be making regular trips there again... maybe once in a bluemoon with the kids... I will look for a healthy alternative if i fancy one....

Just my opinion, but this journey to me isn't a prison sentence... and I think we have to find some pleasure in it each day or it will become a chore and we are less likely to suceed... But as you say, we are all different..

btw i have never tried frozen tetra, but I might just try!
xx

Just my opinion, but this journey to me isn't a prison sentence...

So true tilly! I truly believe that, and perhaps that's why I'm finding it quite easy at the moment, turning down off diet foods/dinners/drinks has been really easy because I don't see this as a bad thing that I'm doing. It's necessary and I'm actually enjoying it! Icecream tetras do help!

btw i have never tried frozen tetra, but I might just try!
xx
You should they are delicious :D

i had the banana one the other night, when it melts a bit its kind of..fudgey? its good!

i Havent tried them but i have heard from others that said they are ghastly lol
anyway you can tell us what they are like.....BUT i think you have to eat shakes, porridges, soups etc within 15 mins of making them :eek:

Just eating one now, it tastes lovely. Im not having it as one of my 3 a day, just having it as my stomach was rumbling so loud! lol. I could have 4 shakes a day, so Im not worried about having an ice lolly, as its 1/4 of a pack

Back