Please help me :(

FionaMcd

Gold Member
I've been on slimming
World since early December and I have only lost 11lbs in that time. I seem to keep
Recycling the same 3lbs!! It's gotta stop! I have an underactive thyroid and so possibly slower weight loss than most anyway. I need to lose 3 stone and would like to do it sooner rather than later as hub and I want a another baby.
Guess problem is I have a major sweet tooth and can't seem to stop myself some days... Then I get mad at myself for being stupid and so on. Please can anyone help me let me know how to break this cycle I'm desperate thank you xxxx

Oh Hun, I haven't been on it very long so my advice probably isn't as useful as others.

I have a massive sweet tooth (I was eating at least one solid bar of chocolate a day) apart from the hi-fi light bars that I use as my hex b. I haven't had chocolate for a month now.

The only thing I do when I'm having a craving is have a granny smith apple - their super sweet and juicy I love them straight from the fridge.

I also love the hartleys low calorie jelly, their only 0.5 syns so I have one of those a day as my pudding (I think their on offer at tesco)

Sorry my advice wasn't more practical, I think the key is finding substitutes for that sweet tooth

Good luck :)
Xx

Thanks for your reply. I was eating jelly mixed in with muller lights and was yummy. Not sure why I stopped those?? Anyway I normally save all my syns to have a chocolate in evening but these past 2 nights (ok during the day) I have completely gone to town and eaten far to much chocolate and it's not necessary so I think maybe boredom or something cause I'm ok when tony at home this week he's been on lates and boom gone to pot :( x

I used to eat lots of sweet stuff, but after going cold turkey for a few days, I found I had weaned myself off of it and now if I have it it actually makes me feel ill the next day, almost hungover. One of the things I learnt whilst doing SW was to analyse what prompted me to eat it in the first place and deal with that. Boredom was a big thing for me, so once I felt the craving I would get up and do something. The other reason was tiredness, if I was tired I would crave 'comfort' and that was often sweet stuff, but then the effects of the sugar would only make me feel even more tired and before I knew it I was in a cycle, tired, eat crap, more tired, eat more crap. Now if I am tired I usually find a good book and curl up in bed to read, I also visualise how awful I felt after I had indulged and that soon stopped me, feeling so drained and off is so not worth it. After lots of trial and error, I feel I now have a grip on it, and given the choice of a bar of chocolate and a juicy mango, I will go for the fruit everytime. A year ago if someone was to tell me I would prefer fruit to chocolate or a cheese cake I would have been horrified!!

One trick I have used in the past when tempted is if I still want it in half an hour after I've watched tv/read a book etc hen I will have it. Most of the time I forgot about whatever it was but when I did go back I enjoyed it more than if I had eaten it straight away. Get somebody to hide the stuff that tempts you and only give you an allotted amount.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for the tips folks.. Think I may have turned a little corner went to a street party yesterday and I had my roast but only meat and veg as potato roast in oil and I bypassed all the cakes and stuff I drank my sugar free juice from home. I managed to sneak home a cake for Tony and I was not interested in it at all. Cakes are normally my all time favourite!! Xx

Back