Please help!! shall i do it?

Sammy-lee21

I have just been on net and found this, I have a party to go to tonight shall i drink? I have been on lipotrim for 12 days now.

Will drinking alcohol affect ketosis?

No and yes. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system. This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption.

NOOOOO!!!!!! Read the sticky on drinking at the top of the LT forums. It's not worth it! Nothing to do with ketosis, it could cause you serious harm!!

No, no no no no no no NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

a) it's potentially very dangerous (definitely read the thread IrishMum's kindly directed you to)
b) it could undo the hard work you've already done on LT (which, by the way is FAB! 16lb in 12 days?? phenomenal!)
c) you need to, by doing LT, disassociate having a great night out with either food, alcohol or both - i've had great nights without either, during my time on LT - and will have many more
d) if you cave in now, you're opening the door to cave in again.

it's just sooooooooooo not worth it!

Thank you both for the info, i wont drink now! do you know if soda water is ok to drink? Congrats on you both for all the weight loss. x

Hey, no probs! Thats why I love this forum!

I think fizzy water is fine, not sure about soda? I don't think so though?

thank you, i'm dead pleased with LT!

soda water is fine. it's my drink of choice on nights out :) and try to ask for that rather than sparkling water - soda water's free, sparkling water isn't!

oh and make sure you get it without lime or lemon wedges :)

have a fab night out

Yes i shall have soda because the party is at a hotel where a work and the bottle water is £1.70!!! lol

Thanks for the advice on lime/lemon also.

Its a fancy dress party also so im being double brave. 3 weeks ago i couldnt see myself doing this.

I just hope at least one person will notice my weight loss because i cant see it :( x

by the way, soda water is exactly same as sparkling water but in bars comes from a pump rather than sparkling which is in bottles.

you can't have tonic water on LT i am pretty sure :)

Im sure many people will notice your weight loss!
(btw hey! im from plymouth too!)

i was worried about this, only on day 2, have had many an invite to go out already, ive turned them down! said i would try in a few weeks and just drink water/soda water but people just seem shocked and think theres no point in going out

i love getting dressed up to go out (one of the best parts of the night)
and i am such a party animal, i dont need alcohol to have a good time, hope my friends dont use my diet as an excuse not to ask me to come out

soda water is fine. it's my drink of choice on nights out :) ...
make sure you get it without lime or lemon wedges :)

Getting used to the sparkly water thing! But had a few bar staff putting in the lemon/lime when I've expressly asked for none! Tsk. Makes it all the harder. GRRRR :mad: Remember to act tipsy so everyone asks what you're on! Have a good time.

Back