Please help this lost soul

Cherish

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!!

This is a great site because it will allow me to really be myself and say how I truly feel.

I've been overweight all my life but now it's completely out of control. I'm about 10 stones overweight and I'm only 20 years old. I used to always be happy but as I get older I'm finding myself getting depressed all the time. I would like to join Slimming World to help me lose weight gradually without making drastic changes, as I've already tried LL and Cambridge.

I would love to get to know all of you and also how much weight you've lost on Slimming World, so please post all your comments and advice.

Have a nice weekend and God bless!!!:)

:hug99:

Everyones in bed about now. However there are plenty of people out there who are willing to helpand support you honey.

Please don't despair.

From this moment forward you are changing your life.

Good luck and good night!

xxxxx

Hello, I'm awake because I'm ill and feverish! Pity me! :(

(ahem) That aside, I'm 22 and have been overweight for much of my life. I came back to SW the other week and weighed in at 18 stone and at that point I knew that I was about to change my whole life style and this time I really was going to be successful. I've tried LL but it just wasn't for me- I have to be able to eat! Also I think that depriving yourself of food isn't really the best way to go about things ALTHOUGH many members have been successful on LL and CD etc and obviously I'm really happy for them- it just wasn't for me!

I want to lose 8 stone and although when I see it written down like that- EIGHT STONNEEEEE- it looks scary, I know that pound by pound it will come off and I will change my life. I think it's great that you're doing it now, I'm sure so many members will tell you that they wish they'd done it 20 years earlier too.

So if you need any support, a cuddle, a recipe, a ***** about awful thin people, just come on here and you'll get it! This site has been great to me and yes I've come and gone a lot but they welcome you back with open arms even after your slip ups.

Skinny x

Thank you all for your support. It makes me feel a lot better to know that you all got my back.

My 21st birthday will be in July, so with all your support I'm sure I will be skinier by then!!!

Hiya Cherish :welcome: to the SW forum everyone is so nice on here. I have been overweight since my early teens when the hormones kicked in and I got a paper round and spent all the money earned on junk foods. It kinda spiralled out of control from then. Anyway you know how it goes time flies and 20stone on I knew I had to do something about it.

I joined SW in May 2007 and it is the best choice I have ever made I have managed to lose 4 and a half stone so far and still have 5 and a half stone to go till I get to target.

Good luck on your weight loss journey and remember you are not alone...:)

Good morning everyone..special welcome to Cherish! I started SW last tuesday and weighed in at 17st 10lbs!!! Horror!
I have been on EVERY diet in the world.........but first time for tis one...and so far, i think its great! U can have loads of FREE food......and nothing is banned.
The girls on here are really great, altho im not on that much.
Ill pop back later and see what kinda day everyone has had.

Away to have my boiled egg for brekkie( which OH has made :)

Catch
X

Hey thanks for youe reply.

I'd like to ask you something since you are also kind of new on SW.
Are they giving you meals that are hard to cook or foods that are hard to find? Because between work and university I dont have much time and also I can't cook very well. However, I'm determined to follow instructions so this diet can also help me to improve my cooking skills!!!

Later!!!!!

Hey Sonban!!!!

thanks for sharing ur experience with me and congratulations on ur incredible loss but most importantly to the fact that u are keeping it off (that's the hardest bit!).:D

Did u have to combine SW with exercise to make sure the weight doesnt come back on?

Hey Sonban!!!!

thanks for sharing ur experience with me and congratulations on ur incredible loss but most importantly to the fact that u are keeping it off (that's the hardest bit!).:D

Did u have to combine SW with exercise to make sure the weight doesnt come back on?
Hiya my old consultant said in her first year on SW she did no exersize at all and still lost 4 stone. I don't do any exersize as such but I do a lot of walking taking the kids to school and back which is half an hour each way. So you can lose weight with out the exersize but it is a bonus if you do some, hope that helps...:D

Back