Please help with my questions

Bashful

Slowly Getting There ....
Thanks

I thought I was doing really well but can you please answer these questions.. someone posted a comment on my blog and I was excited someone had bothered to comment at first. . . but he said things that I'm not doing and if I want to lose weight I really want to do if they are right

Maybe they are on here which is where they found my blog?

it's this:

Just a couple of quick observations on your food diary:
1. Try and avoid starchy carbs (rice and potatoes) after 3pm
2. Try and get more green vegatbles in every meal - aim for 50% of every meal being green vege
3. Try and use Alpen light bars as a last resort snack. Better alternatives would be nuts (almonds and pecans) or salad sticks (carrot, celery etc).
4. I like the way you report your 'SYNS', however suggest you need to make these more of a once a week thing rather than every day.

For the alpen light thing i don't have a problem.. I eat them as a HEXB and can find other HEXBs but I only just found them I thought it was ok to eat as snacks for HEXB not syns?

The starchy carb thing is the thing that's worrying me most- I thought it's what you eat spread out over the day that counts? I ate salad at lunch (which I do just about every day) so eating carbs at dinner is bad?

..it's nearly dinner time and I don't know what to do... so emotional today, crying all over the place and I just want to gorge myself on chocolate and cake but I resisted so far lol... just feel so low today and if what they say is true I've been doing everything wrong :(

50 percent of green veg? Do I need to do that? I replied to the comments but usually people won't reply to comment replies as they don't see them :(

I don't really understand the syn thing- does it mean try not to have any?

Sorry that I'm being such a wet fish today I really felt flakey enough now I'm worried that on top I'm doing everything wrong again :(

I can't get my friend that knows all about this stuff to reply to my texts as they are busy and I'm worrying all over the place here

TOTM anyone? :cry:

Thanks thanks thanks if you reply... I don't care if it's all true and I've been doing it wrong I just want to know before I do dinner so I can get it right

What can you do for dinner that doesn't have carbs? I didn't have any for lunch so is it ok to have for dinner instead today and change tomorrow?

Sorry again I hope it made sense

xxxxxx

I guess he doesn't know Slimming World diet :confused:

that's not sw advice.

Whoever has posted on your blog doesn't understand the SW way.

I'll address their points in turn:

1. Rubbish. Makes no difference other than affecting how you might sleep if you eat carbs late at night.
2. Ok, but if you're following EE you only need to have 1/3 superfree. More veggies can't hurt though.
3. Rubbish - up to you when you have your HEX's
4. Absolute rubbish - you should eat 5-15 Syns EVERY DAY, or up to 105 over the course of the week.

Don't let their comments get you down. Follow SW's Food Optimising and you will lose the weight you want to. Follow the plan to the letter, you'll see the results.

What a load of rubbish!!! Nothing in those comments has any relevance to slimming world.

I really wouldnt panic.. he's giving your 'general' slimming advise.. such as nuts instead of cereal bars, no treats every single day etc..

Not entirly sure what his no carbs after 3pm theory is based on though, thats new! but hey-ho theres loads of crazy diet advise out there.

what your doing is 100% right for the slimmingworld plan.

xxx

Whoever has posted on your blog doesn't understand the SW way.

I'll address their points in turn:

1. Rubbish. Makes no difference other than affecting how you might sleep if you eat carbs late at night.
2. Ok, but if you're following EE you only need to have 1/3 superfree. More veggies can't hurt though.
3. Rubbish - up to you when you have your HEX's
4. Absolute rubbish - you should eat 5-15 Syns EVERY DAY, or up to 105 over the course of the week.

Don't let their comments get you down. Follow SW's Food Optimising and you will lose the weight you want to. Follow the plan to the letter, you'll see the results.

Just what I would have said, if my brain had been working!

Oh thank you thank you all....

...poor son came in from a stressful day at school (he's been off 2 days after falling out of tree and smashing into his face- so you can imagine the taunts you'd get at secondary school...) to his mum crying at him

...he's going to grow up with problems.... lol

I didn't realise anyone reading my blog wouldn't be doing slimming world d'oh

Stupid me....

My friend is right..I'm prob spot on that I'm Monthly Hormonal

....usually self medicate with cake and chocolate...

...now I got...umm.... options and a banana did it for 5 mins earlier....

...then I was back to wanting the full packet of bourbons

THANKS!

xxxxxxxx

Big hugs as one comment can crush you in an instant!

And yeah as everyone says his "help" is not at all sw based so ignore him lol

xxx

This is one of the things that is a negative to a forum, you have people that think they are better and know everything when they don't. Like Someone whos is now maintaining and calorie counting suggesting that someone who is trying to lose should look at the calories in their free food... whats that all about??! people intrepret things in different ways..
Syns are for you, they are you little reward to have every day...to ensure that you don't go into bad habits and eating loads of not so good for you stuff!... 1/3 superfree is good.. if you wanna go sucess express then you go for 2/3 superfree!
sounds like your doing okay!

Glad the banana & options worked :)

Yeah... for about 5 mins....

Only on 7 syns and feeling really rough so nearly bedtime

...but i have the syns left to cram another options into me later if I need to

LOL wonder how long this will go on for though? I never really noticed before just ate the cake or chocolate..... so was 'all better' til the next craving

I need to get some celebrations.... 2 syn chocolates FTW! :)

xxxxx

People do like to make things difficult with all their extra little rules - the not eating stuff after a certain time is an example of this. And this phobia that people have about carbohydrates is just daft.

And why, I wonder, does this person say 50% green vegetables - vegetables come in lots of colours, not just green, and they all have different balances of nutrients, so we should aim to get some more colours on our plates!

People mean well, I am sure, but you are with Slimming World now!

sounds like crap, although I do agree on overcarobicide but yuor doing well with veggies etc so nothing to orry aobut. Contiune what your doing and before you know it you will be a skinny minny :)

Oh yeah I defo don't think I'm going to heavy on carbs...

We don't have any at lunch most days and when we do I don't pile my plate with just carbs

..even though the thought of a whole plate of potatoes makes me want to droooool hehe

Just assumed any comments would come from people following Slimming World as this is the only place I come and only this forum... so I saw it and panicked I was doing things wrong

xxxx

Back