Please help...

Daydreambeliever

I wish very much to do a course in London-it's a part time thing, and I don't need to worry about any qualifications etc. I can afford it, and am lucky enough to have the time. I called to find out when it is on, and was told Jan. or Oct. next year. So far-so good/clear?!?!
When he told me they were the only 2 months when the course is on, my first thought was:" well I'll have to wait 'til Oct-I'M TOO FAT NOW AND WON'T BE THIN ENOUGH BY JAN" And now my 2nd thought is: "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME" I have put so much off because of my weight-ironically getting fatter and fatter...I need to do this course to move on with my life (it's a stepping stone thing-not hobby based) and yet, as I write this-I have started to cry because the thought of what the other people on the course will think of me, or the fact that my body will 'get in my way'-make it hard to move about or something, is so strong that I don't know what to do!!!:cry:Am I the only one like this? Has anyone words of wisdom or experience they can pass on? And-annoyingly-I now want to eat!!! I won't-but bl***y h**l!!! x

Stooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!! At the end of the day, you are doing a course to improve your knowledge. Most of the time it is all in our heads "what people think" - I have been guilty of this too. I have even lost good friends through treating them badly because I'm paranoid that they are thinking things etc. Life is too short to deny yourself the chance to do anything you want to do because of your weight issues. At the end of the day you are doing the right thing by doing something about your weight. Maybe a course where you do part time will just give you extra people to add into your life who will most likely compliment your weight losses, and do the reverse of what you are currently worrying about. By that I mean, they will admire you for your determination on Cambridge Diet. I find if you think the opposite, often you look at things completely differently, react differently to situations and genrally feel happier within yourself, which does rub off on other. Try to look on the bright side of life hun and I guarentee you will succeed! Hugs x x x

Daydreambeliever - do your course in January and enjoy it and the opportunities it will give you.
Hiding away from people doesn't help - I know as I have put off and put off seeing people becasue my weight had gone up and all it meant was I missed out on spending time with people I like.
Go for your course! :)
hugs - I hope you feel better soon and get organised to take steps to becoming happy!

Thank you all so much-I knew I was being crazy-that's why I came straight to minimins after talking to the guy at the school...it's just so frustrating to have built myself this 'wall'-I WILL BEAT IT!!! Thanks again. xxx

Hello daydreambeliever

Please do your course and enjoy it. I know that I was worried the first time I left home to train to be a nurse (living in the nurses home and studying at the school of nursing was the regime back in the 80's), I was 18 and overweight (although back in those days I considered my current weight and a size 14 to be dreadfully fat, lol). But it was fine, the girls and boys were all in the same position of being new and wanting to make friends, and what with the running about and dieting I was soon within a healthy BMI.
I can see this is different as it is part-time study - that is even better as you can continue losing weight via your normal CD routine, as I assume that this course isn't residential. I did a part-time course that ended this summer - I was amongst mature students (qualified nurses) and although I was overweight some of the students were much bigger than me. There was a great bonding as we met up at the weekend to study in the uni library, emiled useful articles to each other.
I really do believe that you can enjoy your course, irrespective of your weight - it will not be like being at school, where children can be unkind to each other.

Good Luck!

Back