Please Help!

reshmus

I just ate 4 extra bars and one shake over my daily 4 packs. I am so uncomfortable right now but I still want to keep eating.. I was doing so well and I cannot seem to understand what is going one.. I just feel like I can't seem to plug to hole... OMG someone.. anyone help...,
Sorry to post this.. but I dont know where else to go.. I just moved here and all my friends and family are time zones and really expensive phone calls away... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Reshmus :D

First of all honey.....calm down and take a deep breath ok?:)

The good things here are:

* You have stuck to packs and bars...yeah?

* You have posted on here and asked for help...that takes courage so well done. :)

I would say damage limitation is the thing here. You can't take back what you have eaten so there is absolutely NO POINT in beating yourself up about it so please put down the stick.

If there is anything you can do now to distract yourself from eating anymore packs or bars...then do it. Staying on here would be my first thought and advice to you.:)

When you are feeling less emotional and more calm you can look at why this has happened and learn from it. For now, wipe your tears, find a funny/joke thread or play a game in the arcade and distract yourself from any negative thoughts.

I hope some of this helps and keep posting as much as you want because there are plenty of people on here who truly know EXACTLY how you feel right now!!

Lacey...xx :D

Oh no Reshmus - please look on the positive side of this in that you could have eaten so much worse, at least it was packs that you ate.

I think you need to look at why you ate what you did, did you eat it at a time where you sometimes struggle or something like that.

Don't worry about posting on here, that's why the boards are here, we all need help and support at times and this is one of the best places you can come for it.

Hi Reshmus

I agree with Isis, try and get things into perspective. Not everyone on these forums are mega stars, we all have our little slips. I have had my mishaps, and felt awful, but the next day it never seemed too bad.

You have the done the right thing in asking for help and admitting your mistakes. Think positive and move forward and dont dwell on what you have done.

Big hugs.

:grouphugg:

Hiya Hunny, I just want to send you big hugs, but also to congratulate you in a weird way lol. You have gone over your allowance, but not as badly as you think! You could have binged on a whole array of foods but you didnt, you chose carefully, albiet too much!

Just start drinking a lot of water, flush it all through. Over the next few days up your water in take, you might find it doesn't do any damage, so don't worry about it. Maybe get an early night so you are not tempted to eat anymore. tomorrow is a whole new day, and as they say, the first day of the rest of your life. xxx

Thank you ladies for the advice, I posted that just post binge and before the crying fit began. I then IMed sister who woke my mom up and who talked me through the anger/rage, disappointment and sorrow..

and then I read all your lovely posts.. thank you so much for the support. Isis and Ladylite - I totally plan on trying to do a thought record on this.. even though it is post binge.. or maybe a retrospective type though record.

x- Katie -x, you know you are right.. I really wanted pizza on my way home from work (Which I believe maybe the cause of the mishap but more about that tomorrow) and while I didnt think of it till now, I should be proud of myself for not picking up the phone and ordering it... Oddly I felt bound by the "rules" and binged on bars and shake instead.. more the bars.. those things are addictive I tell ya ;)

Ajax, I am taking your advice and turning in early. There is a part of me that still wants popadums made form a soup pack which is indication enough for me that I am still emotional and not "in my adult" or safe zone.. better to go to bed to avoid further damage.

thank you all again so much..

for now I am going to bed.. I will work on analyzing the binge tomorrow and post my results for you

Sleep tight, hope you get a really good nights rest - and remember honey that tomorrow is a whole new day xx

Thank you ladies for the advice, I posted that just post binge and before the crying fit began. I then IMed sister who woke my mom up and who talked me through the anger/rage, disappointment and sorrow..

and then I read all your lovely posts.. thank you so much for the support. Isis and Ladylite - I totally plan on trying to do a thought record on this.. even though it is post binge.. or maybe a retrospective type though record.

x- Katie -x, you know you are right.. I really wanted pizza on my way home from work (Which I believe maybe the cause of the mishap but more about that tomorrow) and while I didnt think of it till now, I should be proud of myself for not picking up the phone and ordering it... Oddly I felt bound by the "rules" and binged on bars and shake instead.. more the bars.. those things are addictive I tell ya ;)

Ajax, I am taking your advice and turning in early. There is a part of me that still wants popadums made form a soup pack which is indication enough for me that I am still emotional and not "in my adult" or safe zone.. better to go to bed to avoid further damage.

thank you all again so much..

for now I am going to bed.. I will work on analyzing the binge tomorrow and post my results for you

So good to see you come back and post :D

You are clearly switched on to how you are feeling and going to bed is such a good idea. I promise you that things will not look the same in the morning. Just my opinion but when you wake up come back here and re read what's been said tonight...:)

Lacey..xx

dont worry too much. On my very first day on LL i ate an apple and only as i finished eating it did i remember that i wasnt meant to be having food at all! Today is a new day and you can do this.
Well done for not ordering the pizza, that is a great improvement from what WE used to do. Finding different ways to cope when we want to binge is very difficult and it doesnt happen over night. You will find as you continue with this diet that the urge to binge becomes less and that you automatically reach for other things to help you through the tough times, like coming on here or having a relaxing bath (or even cleaning - i cant believe that i said that as i used to hate the thought of cleaning but now often do it when im stressed or want food)

Hi Resh - I know what you mean about time zones - its not easy! <hug>

Good on ya for coming here right away - good for minimising the damage, and as all said, wel done for not getting a pizza, or chips, or ice cream or anything like that. I bet you did little damage.

Chalk it up to experience, and getting yourself in to the groove of the diet. Once you are there, you will soar!!!

C'mon girl!!! You can do it!!!

XX

Again thank you all for your support and kind words. I spent the rest of the weekend sort of avoiding doing a thought record, and spent the entire weekend having huge urges to eat. Finally last night, I decided to face my demons head on and did a thought record.
Brainstorming I realized that while I though my issues where around my job and me being unhappy with it, the other issues were around my love life and being successful at the diet and keeping the weigh off and other life/career directional issues. 2006 was a very traumatic year. I gained most of the weight in 3 months then. All of 2007, I tried to deal with the issues that involved 2006 and I know I avoided it. Moving to London in part was to gain my life back and really deal with issues and self discover.

My only retrospective note is I put off trying to deal with this for so long. I started to fool around with the bars on the 8th of Jan, I should have sat myself down and started to analyze the emotion behind it then. Note to self: Need to analyze the urge to eat or cheat when it happens and before it consumes me.

Again thank you all for your support and kind words. I spent the rest of the weekend sort of avoiding doing a thought record, and spent the entire weekend having huge urges to eat. Finally last night, I decided to face my demons head on and did a thought record.
Brainstorming I realized that while I though my issues where around my job and me being unhappy with it, the other issues were around my love life and being successful at the diet and keeping the weigh off and other life/career directional issues. 2006 was a very traumatic year. I gained most of the weight in 3 months then. All of 2007, I tried to deal with the issues that involved 2006 and I know I avoided it. Moving to London in part was to gain my life back and really deal with issues and self discover.

My only retrospective note is I put off trying to deal with this for so long. I started to fool around with the bars on the 8th of Jan, I should have sat myself down and started to analyze the emotion behind it then. Note to self: Need to analyze the urge to eat or cheat when it happens and before it consumes me.
#

Just sending you a big :hug99: as facing demons really takes some strength and courage.
I know how upset you were over this weekend but you have definitely come a long long way in your thinking now hun and sound very much switched on to yourself.

Have a great day!!

Lacey..xx :)

Good on you for buckling down to the thought record, I'm glad that you got something from it and that it worked for you ---- stick with it, you're worth it :D

Back