Please please help me

Mummysturt

Ok, i have yo yoed for years, im 25 and have been on diets for as long as i can remember.
Did ww and slimming world before. Have also tried every other diet with no success.
I had a baby 5 months ago and was 2 stone over weight and now im 3.5 stone over weight.
I get married in december and still cant stick to it. WHY???
I start the day very well but by the end of the day im off track.
I hate myself for this, i wake evry day feeling sick knowing by the end of the day i will have blown it.
]Please someone help me i dont want to end up like my mum who also yo yos and weighs 19 stone.
I have goals, i am back at work in 3 weeks, and want to be in the 12s im now 13.6
by my wedding i want to be in the 11s.
Is this possible? If so how??

Im begging for some help. Maybe a buddy, someone i can talk to when i feel down. I want to be a yummy mummy, not an embarrasment.
My OH is a dj, so sees lots of young slim girls, and lots are friends with him on facebook. I get so paranoid he will leave me for being such a fat pig and go off with a slim girl.
Anyone else been in this position?

I'm fairly new at this but like you i've yoyo'd up and down for years

This is the firt time i've done SW but i can't believe how easy it is and how undiet like it feels
I had my first weigh in last Thurs and lost 8.5lb

I'm no expert but if you want a buddy i'm always online xx

:confused: Which diet are you doing. I see you posted this in WW too and have had a lot of responses

i dont want to read and run....
i feel for you as you seem pretty desperate.

You seem to be wanting to do this for the wrong reasons, ie starting work in 3 weeks, and not waning hubby to go off with a slimjim.

You need to do this for yourself in order to stay positive and keep motivated.

I think you need to get your head into gear, and then the rest will follow, maybe its simply not the right time yet, or maybe its simply lack of planning and organization.

I always only seem (to blow it) as you say when im not organized, ie not planned what im to eat.

Once you have changed your attitude to food, or cleared away things that you may fall victim to in the kitchen, maybe then you will be more in the "zone" to crack on and enjoy this SW way of life.

hey gorgeous. You can always pm me if you want someone to off load too and for support. i could do with just as much support as the next person now!

you just have to snap out of it babe, it wont happen unless you make it happen. Tell yourself your going to do it and make it work for you.
Your little one deserves a happy mum, happy mummy, happy baby. xxxxxxx

Slimming world really is a easy diet, its not really a diet at all but a healthy way of eating.
My best tip is to be organised, plan plan plan. I have my weekly plan pinned up on the kitchen cupboard, with all meals for the week planned. I know when i'm gonna be home late, so plan a meal thats either quick to do, or that can be prepped earlier.

I have lots of stuff in the fridge/cupboards that are free or low syn to snack on.
I found the first weeks the hardest and by the evening i'd be on the hunt for munchies. So if you can plan in to your meals to leave a HEB for the evening say to have a couple of Alpen lights? or have some low syn or free snacks ready to eat - even make some SW chips!
I personallly steer clear of bread and sandwiches for lunch as they arent really filling and i think a waste of a HEB
But as a previous poster said, you gotta do this for YOU. I have tried to make hubby to do something about his weight problem for years, but HE never wanted to do it, so despite me serving up SW meals of an evening, he'd just eat whatever he wanted when not near me!!
but this year, something changed, and HE wanted to do it for HIM. and now he's 5st lighter :)

So i guess if you really want to do it for yourself, you WILL.

Hey up chick.

First of all, here's a boot up the bum!! As fern said, you need to snap out of this feeling. We are all amazing people, and need to stop thinking of ourselves as bad people for being overweight, We are entitled to love and support no matter our size/shape, YOU INCLUDED!

Secondly, you CAN do this, its all about making life easier for yourself.

1) Plan - cook meals in advance, prep veg the night before so even when you're feeling poo, you just need to boil it up (or get OH to do it for you!!) I literally have to spend 15 mins the night before lining up prepped (and weighed/measured where necessary) stuff in tuperwares so that every meal is sorted without me having to think about it.
2) Forgive yourself - for everything, what you might have eaten in the past, for the failed attempts (like you I've done all diets, most of them 2 or 3 times), for any slip ups you may have in the future - and we can pretty much guarantee you will have some - its about seeing the bigger picture, not fixating on small hiccups
3) Take any support you have - OH, friends, family, Miniminers, SW online, will you be going to group? Don't ever be afraid to ask for support
4) Pamper yourself - this often works when you're feeling like binging - give yourself a facial, paint your toes, have a bath - I find this also helps me to love myself a little bit more, despite my imperfections and wobbly bits.
5) Look forward to the future - you have so much to be thankful for, your OH (if he wanted to be with a groupie, he would be, he's not he's with you!!), your baby, your job, friends, family etc. You've got a whole lifetime of happiness ahead, just imagine how lovely it'll be to be slimmer.
6) Take the pressure off - you do not NEED to be a specific weight for any one occasion/person - just as long as the numbers on the scales are falling, yay for you.
7) Smile and enjoy eating lots of yummy and healthy food!

Please keep your chin up - you CAN and WILL do this, and we're all here for you.

Hugs

xxx

I think most people have said all there is to say - but you will always get a kick up the bum and support when you most need it here. you CAN do this!!!! I've been doing it for two weeks and lost 10.5lbs, and havent felt hungry once! The key is to fill up on lots and lots of free foods, make sure you have things you are allowed to pick at in the house! Whenever you get a craving, come on here, read through some posts and it puts you right off :) Good luck sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxx

I can only add that if you wake up in the morning already expecting to fall off the wagon then you will do. As hard as this may sound, wake up with positive thoughts, start the day as you mean to go on and tell yourself that you can do it and you will do it because this time, you're determined and then your chances of actually doing it will go through the roof. You just have to be in the right mindset. Change up your routine, keep yourself busy and in no time, it will be second nature and the weight will fall off even quicker than it already is doing! Good luck

Well said!

Hi,
Great advice Naomi! :) Ive been yo yoing for about 10 years now, and I think you really do have to be in the right head place to do this. Ive tried before and just gone up and down etc. Last week I had a light bulb moment and Ive decided enough is enough. Im controling what Im eating etc, its the exercise thingie im struggling with.

I went on holiday recently and felt really low looking at all the dollybirds on the beach :sigh: I used to be a size 10 ( I looked a bit ill then to be honest as Im 5' 8") but I would love to be a 16/18 at the moment!

My other half is quite supportive and assures me that Im still lovely and sexy etc, but I dont feel it at all. My confidence is very low at times and I punish myself. I realise now that I want to do this for me, not that I have to do it for someone else.

The thing you have to keep in your mind is that he is marrying you! He wants to make a lifetime commitment to you, not the other girls at his gigs!

So, draw a line under today, plan you shopping, meal times and any exercise that you are going to do and start again! I did that last week and although I havent lost anything this week (and I am a bit gutted!), I am determined to be more comfortble on the beach next year, so Im sticking with it!

Vicky

x

Week one - no change :doh:

Back