Please tell me about your favourite food products

shrinki

Gold Member
Hi

I now live in Switzerland but am coming over to the uk next month so can pick up some SW friendly products. So far I have on my list:

Alpen light bars (double choc and choc and fudge)
Salad cream - 70% extra light

Can you suggest any others? I am going to be doing mainly green days I think. Any good noodles or soups? What are mug shots? What about low fat sausages for red days?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated as I am out of date of what is available!

Morrisons own good for you sausages are really nice and they are syn free on a red day. (or they were last time i checked?)

Morrisons own good for you sausages are really nice and they are syn free on a red day. (or they were last time i checked?)

only if they are the 'diet' ones, they must say the word diet on them or they are the low syn ones - they are easily confused!

Batchlors low fat supernoodles are free (Personally I'm not keen on these - but some love them, I go for the low syn ones liken chicken)

Batchelors pasta n sauce are all either free or low synned

I also like quorn chicken style nuggets (0.5 syns each), but not sure if/how you could travel with frozen goods!

Best of luck x

none of the morrisons sausages are syn free anymore they changed back last year, i think they are half a syn each

i like the Alpen Lights Summer fruits and Apple and sultana better then the chocolate ones,

How about Asda Chick Pea Dahl thats free on EE and green
I couldn't do SW without Batchelors saoury rice as it's ideal for lunch boxes, with a side salad and hard boiled eggs or ham.

Don't forget your chicken bovril if you want to give the KFC style chicken a go.

Twinings peppermint tea

Shirleen said:
i like the Alpen Lights Summer fruits and Apple and sultana better then the chocolate ones

Same here.

I use a lot of cottage cheese, both on jackets and in sw quiche.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Chicken mugshots are soooo nice!!! About 70p in the supermarkets but if you find a Poundland they are 3 for £1 bargain!!!!! So stock up on them theyre handy for when you want a wee quick something.

Asda also sell a Dried pasta in a packet ( next to the Batchelrs ones ) called ASDA GOOD FOR YOU - PASTA ARRABIATA
Its so much nicer than batchelors its a lot tastier with an added plus of chilli :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chicken mugshots are soooo nice!!! About 70p in the supermarkets but if you find a Poundland they are 3 for £1 bargain!!!!! So stock up on them theyre handy for when you want a wee quick something.

Asda also sell a Dried pasta in a packet ( next to the Batchelrs ones ) called ASDA GOOD FOR YOU - PASTA ARRABIATA
Its so much nicer than batchelors its a lot tastier with an added plus of chilli :)

Are they actually called mugshots? What brand are they?

Yes theyre called mugshots youll find them in the cup-a-soup section x
There are plenty more flavours aswell

I've made Falafel just using chickpeas, baking powder, spices and an egg. The texture isn't quite the same but if you put enough cumin in, the taste is pretty much the same.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back