Extra Easy PLS HELP ME CREATE A MENU - EE

Hi Everyone - it's my birthday next week and I have decided to host a family meal at my house instead of going out for an expensive restaurant meal.

Could anyone give me some suggestions of what I could cook for the 3 courses - all SW friendly! Happy to use my HE's in the plan.

Any suggestions welcome - I'd like it to be as indulgent as possible without going overboard on syns though :p

Should probably add that my dad doesnt like pasta or butternut squash or fish - a typical meat and 2 veg guy!! BUT IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!

Starter:

Main:

Dessert:

Thanks everyone - have a good day ;)

Last edited:
Have you got the ee cookbook, they have lovely starters main and desserts, and also you not put what day you having??

If you having ee i will post some suggestions when i get my book out for you :)

ok got it was only at side duh

starters

chicken noodle soup
tomato lentil and bacon soup
tuna and sweetcorn fritters with salsa
salmon and cucumber sushi
salmon nicoise salad
smoked trout with potato salad

Main

spiced thai beef salad with wild rice
fish and chips
fish pie
beef and mixed bean chilli with rice
cottage pie
kheema curry with saffron rice mmm favourite
rich beef stew with mustard mash
fillet steaks with mustard sauce with hasselback pot
moroccan style lamb with minted couscous
chicken and leek pie mmm another favourite
turkey meatballs with herbed tagliatelle another fav
vietnamese duck noodles

Sorry to dissapoint no desserts so maybe get something nice and syn it and have a lovely treat as all above is totally free.

p,s if you want recipe im willing to send to you

Syn Free Lemon Syllabub for dessert? Serves 4 yummy!

i can send the recipe if you like?

x

For starters how about a pub style combo?
sweet chilli chicken wings (the recipe is in the current SW magazine and is for chicken thigs... I'm going to attempt to skin them tonight.. so we'll see if it's possible because I have doubts)
breaded chicken goujons (put 1 slice wholemeal bread in blender to make bread crumbs, put bread crumbs on a plate, I like to add some jamaican jerk seasoning and some dried mixed herbs to give a bit of spice, cut up chicken breasts into strips, dip chicken strips into a beaten egg and the press the eggy chicken strips into bread crumbs until covered, spray a tray with fry light, put the chicken on and cook in oven at 200 c for about 20-30 mins deppending on how fat your goujons are.. I tend to cook whole chicken breasts for 30 mins)
SW wedges.. try adding some dried mixed herbs to wedges before cooking to make them look a bit special
salad

I can't think what else is on combo platters? I did try doing bredded mushrooms same way as goujons, they were ok but not amazing...

Hey thats a really good idea - I could have potato skins too and fill with chilli and yogurt. SP Wedges and spicy chicken wings.

Thats the starter sorted thanks - so I would use my HEB for cheese with the potato skins.

For dessert I like the sound of pavalovas as its easy and fuss free! Is a small meringue nest 3 syns?????

One of my favourite dishes is chicken breast stuffed with EX cream cheese with basil (could use quark i suppose) and wrapped in parma ham, I could accompany with wilted spinach and oven roasted tomatoes and a mixed salad.....What do you think?!

flat mushrooms topped with chopped tomato and blue cheese for starters.

Steak and chips for main, maybe with some coleslaw or salad

Eton mess for pudding. (meringues crushed up, some fruit and a muller light yoghurt all mixed up)

Yum Yum :D

Lemon Syllabub

Free - Serves 4

300g Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
200g Quark
1 x 200g mullerlight vanilla yoghurt
finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
2 - 3 drops vanilla extract
3 - 4 tbsp artificial sweetner or to taste

Whisk fromage frais, quark, yoghurt, lemon zest, vanilla extract and sweetner. Divide the mixture between 4 chilled desert glasses and refridgerate for 2 - 3 hours or overnight if possbile.

Just before serving top each glass with shredded lemon zest (Optional)

Enjoy! x

Oooh some lovely ideas there! I might have to pinch a few as its my birthday next week too! lol

What day is yours R-E-M? Mine's Wednesday the 3rd.

Jo x

Back