POLENTA?

Polenta is a grain. It is no longer free though (in the new book). It is synned at 5 syns per 28g on ALL plans.

Polenta used to be free but now it's synned!! Grrrwww! It's a form of cornmeal used as a porridge-like dish, in slices grilled, or in a mashed-potato-like form! My 2009 SW book states that the wholegrain dry variety is free but if buying it ground (as a flour) it's 5 syns for 28g. That may have changed though- I'll check the SW website!!! Hang on a sec!

Soz Jaylou chick, I must have been typing as you posted your first one!! Yes I've just looked at the SW site and you're so right!! It also says 1 syn for 28g of the cooked ready made stuff (don't suppose you'd get much 4 your money there though!!) OMG SW get you all ways don't they!! I reckon there should be a scheme where they text you with every change they make!! Thank goodness for Minimins that's all I can say!X

Thing is, it makes some recipes obsolete - in the four seasons cook book I have it has chilli corn bread as free. It uses 250g of polenta!!
So this would now be 9 syns!

Very annoying, espesh if you find fave recipes you like to make time and time again, but you lost tons of weight and had it!! They can't put the weight back on you can they!! LOL! So I think you've gotta stick to what you know and what works for you! X

i thought this might be of interest from the SW website:

Q: I’ve always counted a certain product as Free and I’m really pleased with my weight loss, is it okay to continue to count this product as Free?

A: If the product now only has a low Syn value and you continue to count it as Free Food and you’re still losing weight, then there’s no logical reason not to continue. However, if your weight loss slows or stops you may need to review your overall Syn count. Sometimes what we could ‘get away with’ in the earlier days changes as we lose more and more weight.

Quite what constitutes a low syn value it doesn't say though.

I asked my C last night about Polenta & she said it was free. I also went on SW diary & (for a green day) it allowed me to enter polenta as a free food.

It just doesn't add up:( But I like what Circes found on SW website:-

"If the product now only has a low Syn value and you continue to count it as Free Food and you’re still losing weight, then there’s no logical reason not to continue."

it's not listed as free online either - to be honest I think it just takes them time to work their way around the site updating things and I suspect they haven't got around to the diary system yet. Look how long it took the wholemeal pitta HEb to appear on the HEB list.

Back