Popcorn

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Where an earth can i buy popcorn seeds ready for me to pop so am not buying it with added fats/sugar/salt etc .... anyone know? :cool:

ooooh thanks :D

They sell them in most supermarkets !!! Try where the dry lentils and couscous is, or maybe just ask... Popcorn is a great snack for us, but I crave the toffee covered stuff so I have to just stay away :-(

lol - see i love the toffee stuff but i find it very sickly and it always gave me heartburn!

I've heard that popcorn is low cal and high fibre (naturally) so am guna give it a whirl me thinks! :)

You can buy microwave stuff that is lightly salted which pops in a bag in the micowave. So not as messy. You can get low fat versions in most supermarkets.

Have you ever tried dried chick peas? These are a great alternative snack.
I get them at the Turkish shop; they are dry, but they are quite nice rather than having nuts!
If you fancy trying some, next time I go to the Turkish shop I will get a bag and send you some to try.

I do popcorn a lot for my hubby; you can use the spray oil, just to help so that they dont burn, as they tend to do this. Use a good non stick pan and I usually keep moving the pan about to stop them burning, esp since not putting butter or oil in the pan.

Enjoy!!!

I think you can buy dried chick peas in the supermarkets can't you? I might give them a try myself. thanks for the tip. xx

Hi Jan
They are slightly different, as the ones I buy are already cooked....somehow, like in an oven. They are not the normal dried chick peas.

I can send you some also...will let you know when been to shop; might not be for a few weeks as it is in Manchester.

They are nice and a healthy alternative to nuts.

I think you can buy dried chick peas in the supermarkets can't you? I might give them a try myself. thanks for the tip. xx

I love popping corn. I've still got some I bought from one of the Indian supermarkets, although I do use a little olive oil, salt and hot chilli powder....yum! Once you've made it you ca see how much the cinema rips you off with the prices they charge, about 10,000 times what it actually costs for the popping corn!!!!

Don't trouble scotsmist, there's an international supermarket I go to when I'm in Liverpool, I'll have a look there. Thanks though! xx

yes, you should get them there,,,either Turkish or Iranian I think..they look like chick peas, but as though they are a little burnt ;-)

Thanks - helps to know what you're looking for! x

Back