Porridge & bread !!!

doubletrouble

Hi

I am a newbie and just wondering if you are doing the EE plan can you have porridge in the morning and bread for lunch? Or do you have to count one of them as syns !

Thank you
x

They are both healthy extras and on EE you can only have one hx a day, so you would have to syn one. If you do green or red, you can have 2 :)

Hi Chocolateworm

Thank you for the information.
I think I may be a bit confused with this plan so can I just query the one only hx please?

Someone at work told me that on Red & Green days you could choose 2 of each of the healthy a & b options but on EE is was only the one !

Am I reading it right and I can only have one healthy options?

Sorry about this. :)
Tracy

On EE you can have 1 x HEa and 1 x HEb
On red and green you can have 1 or 2 (your choice) x HEa and 2 x HEb

HTH

On Extra Easy the rules are:
- One A choice and One B choice for your Healthy Extras
- Free food from any plan
- 1/3 of your plate must be superfree

On Red and Green you get Two A choices and Two B choices but you can only choose Free food from Red or Green (Not both). So if you wanted to eat meat on a Green day you would have to count it as syns or use your Healthy Extras for it. Similarly if you want to eat potatoes, beans etc on a Red day you have to syn it or use your Healthy Extras for it.

Thats why you get extra Healthy Extras on Red/Green / why you only get one A of each choice on EE - you are already limiting your free intake on Red/Green by choosing from only one set of free food. As you get to choose from all of them on EE you limit your intake by only getting one of each HEX and making sure you eat plenty of superfree.

Hope that helps x :)

I need to save my milk for tea, so how can I eat my oat so simple apple and blueberry, how can I work it so I can have both,

Leapfrog said:
By doing either red or green, then you can have one hexa of milk for tea/coffee and one for your cereal. On EE, you'd have to syn one lot of milk.

Or have yogurt with your porridge x

Hollieck said:
I need to save my milk for tea, so how can I eat my oat so simple apple and blueberry, how can I work it so I can have both,

Oatso simple is only a hex b for the plain one all the flavoured ones are synned between 6 and 8 regardless of what day you do . Sorry

On Extra Easy the rules are:
- One A choice and One B choice for your Healthy Extras
- Free food from any plan
- 1/3 of your plate must be superfree

On Red and Green you get Two A choices and Two B choices but you can only choose Free food from Red or Green (Not both). So if you wanted to eat meat on a Green day you would have to count it as syns or use your Healthy Extras for it. Similarly if you want to eat potatoes, beans etc on a Red day you have to syn it or use your Healthy Extras for it.

Thats why you get extra Healthy Extras on Red/Green / why you only get one A of each choice on EE - you are already limiting your free intake on Red/Green by choosing from only one set of free food. As you get to choose from all of them on EE you limit your intake by only getting one of each HEX and making sure you eat plenty of superfree.

Hope that helps x :)

Thank you for this, it has really helped me understand the Healthy extras x :)

I am currently doing the EE which I am really enjoying and started this on Monday but if find that I haven't lost anything within 2 weeks then I will have a go at doing Red & Green days.

x

Back