Porridge Question...

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Ok not so much a question as speculation...

Had first porridge today (my CDC's sample as he is still waiting on delivery) and thought it was pretty scrummy (Would be better with a couple of spoons of sugar lol).

Anyway, noticed that the pack is labelled as Porridge Original...

Does this mean that in time we are going to have other flavoured porridges too do you think? Or am I reading too much in to this :D

Mmmm...Chocolate Porridge...

lol good question!

At present the only porridge available is this one!!

Mike

I'm hoping there will be more flavours too, but in the mean time, I will be adding half and half with a shake mixed in...just imagine, banana porridge, yum yum

Toffee and walnut porridge... mmmmmm!!

Will also try adding a tablet sweetner and see if it makes it taste any different.

Think it was the fact Cambridge didn't know what to call it - so "porridge original" was their original name!!

Well i aint even tried the porrdge yet - am going to get some this sat. Quite looking forward to something different! And even get to have the bars this week woohoo

Mmmmm...........chocolate porridge. Yumyum! xxx

got my first lot of porridge gonna have it later tonight been looking forward to it all week !!!!!!! small things please small minds lol x

Hi Folks

The composition of the porridge is different to that of the milkshakes. This allows for it to be put in the microwave for up to 1 minute.

However, the other products should not be put into a microwave for more than 15 seconds.

In the past we were allowed to microwave 1 pack a day to make a muffin, although this was discouraged in the main. After research this is no longer allowed.

So half porridge half milkshake would destroy the nutritional balance and take you below the recommended levels.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is you want to flavour the porridge is to add a little of the chocolate velvet, banana bliss or strawberry silk to the porridge after cooking. This should of course be from your daily allowance.

Alternatively a little of the water flavouring.

I'm hoping there will be more flavours too, but in the mean time, I will be adding half and half with a shake mixed in...just imagine, banana porridge, yum yum

Have you tried this out yet? Sounds like a good idea. I think I'll have a little experiment this evening with some of my clients:)

Great idea! Thanks mandie

Tracey
x

The only thing I can think of at the moment is you want to flavour the porridge is to add a little of the chocolate velvet, banana bliss or strawberry silk to the porridge after cooking. This should of course be from your daily allowance.

That's a great idea Linda! Yum!!! :p

Not too sure about Sunshine Orange or Summer Berry flavoured porridge though - but each to their own :rolleyes::)

Hi Folks

The composition of the porridge is different to that of the milkshakes. This allows for it to be put in the microwave for up to 1 minute.

However, the other products should not be put into a microwave for more than 15 seconds.

In the past we were allowed to microwave 1 pack a day to make a muffin, although this was discouraged in the main. After research this is no longer allowed.

So half porridge half milkshake would destroy the nutritional balance and take you below the recommended levels.

Thanks Linda:D

I could have had my lovelies all malnurished by the weekend:eek:

Not too sure about Sunshine Orange or Summer Berry flavoured porridge though - but each to their own :rolleyes::)

My initial thought was also :jelous:, but you can get porridge with berries in so maybe it would be ok?

Lol will have to wait for my CDC to get some porridge in yet - hopefully by my next weigh in on wednesday! :)

Also my daugher has Orange and Banana Baby Porridge and that always smells ok...

Hmmm...

Melt a tablet of sweetener in the hot water you use for your porridge - makes all the difference to us with the sweet teeth! :p

hmm one thing i wondered if we could do was once porridge is cooked stir in a spoonful of powder from one of your days shakes. so it wont be heated up per say.......

anyone know if this would work?

It would be fine in terms of nutrition, just not sure over taste! give it a whirl!

M.

lol banana porridge in the morning it is then! let ya know if it resembles banana's :)

Back