Porridge Recipe Please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dutch, 20 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Hi, I've been searching and can't find how to do the porridge thing with the psyllum husks, could someone let me know thanks oh and who likes what flavour with theirs???
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rising_Sun

Rising_Sun Seeking thinner peace

Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    post-op Gastric Bypass
    I've been going mad for the porridge lately.

I've not seen a specific recipe other that add pysllium husks to shake, more or less than a tbsp depending on how thick you want it.

I've tried porridge with almost all of my fav sweet shakes. It don't work with the cappuccino but is gr8 with the butterscotch, banana, toffee walnut and my last pack of orange winter spice porridge went down a treat. It's also really filling and allows you to linger on your 'meal' a bit longer.

I make mine by adding the 1 tbsp husks, shake powder, a couple of sweeteners to 350 mls hot water and whizz the lot together for 15-20 seconds. It tends to get thicker and gloopier the longer you whizz it though.
  4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    HI now porrridge is a fav of mine but only really like it with vanilla it is more like porridge than any of the others and sweeter. straw or choc arnt bad .you can add it to soup this make it a bit thicker never done it thou dont like any soups.

200ml warm to hot water
    2 teaspoons husks mixed into the vanilla shake then pour into water
    high speed whisk 30 secs

I dont need any sweeteners as I find them sweet enough but you can add if you want .
    You can have 10g of husks a day and I find this is approx 4 of my teaspoons or about 1 tablespoon .So you can have husks twice a day or if you like more in just once they do make meals more filling and a bit more like a meal.I have vanilla porridge every morning it is warm and filling and yum lol xxx
  5. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Thanks ladies, I'll look forward to it tomorrow when I get my new shipment in of flavours, The husks are yummy in the veg soup, make like a thick farmhouse soup xx
  6. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    Never thought to try the husks in the soups - thanks for that - I know what I'm having for tea tonight now.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.