Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Porridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mezza, 16 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Mezza

Mezza Member

Please help me, I am bursting to try my porridge but no matter what I do it comes out lumpy and horrible. How does everyone else make it.:):):)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisaL

louisaL looking to make a change!

Start Weight:
    31st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st12lb(37.73%)
    Diet:
    Wls
    hi i have it 3x a day lol i just have it so its a considency i like i dont measure or anything. i think theres meant to be some lumps tho which is good as you are chewing. so i just pour the kettle water in and the cook in the microwave for 30secs

4. Mezza

Mezza Member

Lol, I thought it was supposed to be like ready brek, thats where I was going wrong.

5. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    I love the lumps! Seriously I tip a porridge mix into a bowl, then add 140ml hot water from the tap (not boiling) then zap it in my high powered microwave for 1 min 10 seconds. Whammo :) I do spend a bit of time smoothing out the lumps but I like having some lumps. Makes it taste more real.

6. Mezza

Mezza Member

Last ditch attempt tomorrow, if it doesnt work I am officially giving up the porridge.

7. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Try adding a bit at a time to make a smooth paste then gradually adding more if you don't like the lumps.

8. tattyboo

tattyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    porridge is naturally lumpy because of the oats so it isn't meant to be smooth

i'm on my first day and had porridge this morning - it has a consistency like porridge but it was so sweet - i'm going to stick with it though - it's nice to feel like i'm eating something if you know what i mean

9. louisaL

Start Weight:
    31st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st12lb(37.73%)
    Diet:
    Wls
    its lovely isnt it tattyboo this is whats helping me stick to it as i dont like anything else! lol and isnt funny how we all make it differently lol

10. tattyboo

tattyboo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(14.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    it was ok - wouldn't say i loved it but what attracted me to the CD was the range of products available, i think it's really great

have you tried the apple and cinnamon porridge? i'm going to try it tomorrow - variety is the spice of life after all :)

tee hee

11. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - maintenance
    It's definately supposed to be lumpy - I found it can be a bit thin as well as lumpy... ew!.. so I add the measured hot water in slowly whilst stirring to a paste with a fork - keeps the lumps to an oaty norm.

I also find leaving it for a couple of minutes when it's come out of the microwave for its 1 minute enables the porridge to thicken up a little - and you don't burn your tongue on it!

12. louisaL

Start Weight:
    31st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st12lb(37.73%)
    Diet:
    Wls
    i have them and NOTHING else if it wasnt for the porridge i seriously couldnt do it lol

13. Mezza

Mezza Member

They obviously are fine cos your weight loss is brill.

14. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hiya
    My daily porridge turns out quite nice. I cover it with hot water and put in the microwave for about two minutes. I put a cover on the bowl.
    I too would struggle without my porridge fix.

15. louisaL

Start Weight:
    31st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st12lb(37.73%)
    Diet:
    Wls
    thank you mezza x

16. Mezza

Mezza Member

Your more than welcome LouisaL.
    I never thought I would spend a sunday night chating about lumpy porridge, thanks for all the tips.

17. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm the same. I love the Apple and Cinamon one i have one every morning and I don't think i will ever tire of it. Yummy. I look forward to it.

It's meant to be lumpy and if you only use 140mls it should me thick if you leave it to sit for a while. I make mine with 150 and find it the right consistency for me. I love the lumps it's the only thing i chew some days!

I find it helps to pour the water in slowly as you mix quickly with a fork. this reduces the big clumpy lumps.

Take care!

18. Mezza

Mezza Member

19. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    i love the apple and cinnamon porridge!! i make it with just under 200ml of water and blend it. it comes out thick and it only has very small bits in it. i have one every morning. sometimes i put some of a choc shake in it x x

20. Jambro

Jambro Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st11lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.54%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just love the porridge!!!
    I find if I zap it with a hand blender for about 30 seconds it gets rind of most of the lumps then microwave it for 1min 10secs
    perfect!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.