• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Porridge

louisaL

looking to make a change!
S: 19st8.5lb C: 19st2.5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 0st6lb(2.19%)
hi i have it 3x a day lol i just have it so its a considency i like i dont measure or anything. i think theres meant to be some lumps tho which is good as you are chewing. so i just pour the kettle water in and the cook in the microwave for 30secs

Laura Croft

Happily maintaining
I love the lumps! Seriously I tip a porridge mix into a bowl, then add 140ml hot water from the tap (not boiling) then zap it in my high powered microwave for 1 min 10 seconds. Whammo :) I do spend a bit of time smoothing out the lumps but I like having some lumps. Makes it taste more real.

tattyboo

S: 15st0lb C: 12st11lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 2st3lb(14.76%)
porridge is naturally lumpy because of the oats so it isn't meant to be smooth

i'm on my first day and had porridge this morning - it has a consistency like porridge but it was so sweet - i'm going to stick with it though - it's nice to feel like i'm eating something if you know what i mean

louisaL

its lovely isnt it tattyboo this is whats helping me stick to it as i dont like anything else! lol and isnt funny how we all make it differently lol

tattyboo

S: 15st0lb C: 12st11lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 2st3lb(14.76%)
it was ok - wouldn't say i loved it but what attracted me to the CD was the range of products available, i think it's really great

have you tried the apple and cinnamon porridge? i'm going to try it tomorrow - variety is the spice of life after all :)

tee hee

It's definately supposed to be lumpy - I found it can be a bit thin as well as lumpy... ew!.. so I add the measured hot water in slowly whilst stirring to a paste with a fork - keeps the lumps to an oaty norm.

I also find leaving it for a couple of minutes when it's come out of the microwave for its 1 minute enables the porridge to thicken up a little - and you don't burn your tongue on it!

louisaL

i have them and NOTHING else if it wasnt for the porridge i seriously couldnt do it lol

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
S: 14st13lb C: 17st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 43 Loss: -2st6lb(-16.27%)
Hiya
My daily porridge turns out quite nice. I cover it with hot water and put in the microwave for about two minutes. I put a cover on the bowl.
I too would struggle without my porridge fix.

louisaL

thank you mezza x

G: 13st0lb
I'm the same. I love the Apple and Cinamon one i have one every morning and I don't think i will ever tire of it. Yummy. I look forward to it.

It's meant to be lumpy and if you only use 140mls it should me thick if you leave it to sit for a while. I make mine with 150 and find it the right consistency for me. I love the lumps it's the only thing i chew some days!

I find it helps to pour the water in slowly as you mix quickly with a fork. this reduces the big clumpy lumps.

Take care!

charlotte_k

Silver Member
S: 20st1lb C: 19st6lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 46.7 Loss: 0st9lb(3.2%)
i love the apple and cinnamon porridge!! i make it with just under 200ml of water and blend it. it comes out thick and it only has very small bits in it. i have one every morning. sometimes i put some of a choc shake in it x x

Jambro

S: 25st11lb C: 24st5.0lb G: 15st0lb Loss: 1st6lb(5.54%)
I just love the porridge!!!
I find if I zap it with a hand blender for about 30 seconds it gets rind of most of the lumps then microwave it for 1min 10secs
perfect!!