Porridge

daisy2002

I'm on day 1 of the CD today.
I have done both LT & CD previously but didn't stick to healthy eating once i stopped :break_diet:
So i got my shakes last week, choc mint as i know i love that & veg soup as i liked that before too. Had to take some choc shakes as my counsellor didn't have enough mint choc, not tried the choc ones before.
I was brave & got 1 apple & cinn porridge & 1 original porridge :giggle:

I thought i'd start with the apple & cinn porridge today.... & i wondering where i went wrong :giggle:

I didn't measure the water i added.... which was probably a mistake as it turned out really watery. Now what i want to know is........................ is it normal to have lumps in the porridge?
It was an odd mix of lumps & watery porridge.... not exactly nice.

I ate it all.... but it wasn't a nice experience. I've tasted worse but it wasn't as nice as i was hoping it'd be.

Do you just mix it with a fork or spoon or do you whizz it with a blender.... i used a spoon.

Looking forward to my choc mint & veg soup later as they are lovely. Glad i didn't buy lots of porridge.

I have got the knack of this now. 140ml warm water and blitz with a hand blender just like I do with the soups and shakes (when I have them - I typically stick with bars, tetras, and porridge).

I nuke for a little longer to make the end result a little thicker - like normal porridge.

I put the hot water and porridge into a saucepan.. whizz it with my hand blender, then cook it... lovely :) (i also add some mixed spice, but that's probably highly illegal!! sshhhhhh! :p)

Thanks for the replies :D

I shall try the original porridge tomorrow & i will use my blender. Hoping that the original porridge will be nicer than the apple & cinn one i tried today.

Hmmm yeah, good luck with that! Let me know what you think. lol

I have porridge twice a day and it's yummy! The real trick is to blend it into a smooth paste with a little hot water first then gradually add the rest of the water. It comes out perfect everytime, and I don't have to use a blender.
Good luck!
Joz x

and also use warm and not boiling water. I find the boiling water sends it hard lumpy style, its going in the micro anyway so warm water should be fine!

I LIKE the lumps!!!LOL.Gives me something to chew!

I wasn't keen on the normal choc shakes, tasted a little too sweet to me.
Will email my counsellor in plenty of time before i see her next to make sure she has enough choc mint & veg soup.

I really hope the original soup turns out ok tomorrow. It'd be nice to have a few things to have instead of just the 2 shakes.

I there anything you can add to the original porridge to make it taste better?
After tasting the apple & cinn porridge, i've decided im not too keen on cinnamon lol.
I would normally add splender to real porridge but i know i can't use that.

I wasn't keen on the normal choc shakes, tasted a little too sweet to me.
Will email my counsellor in plenty of time before i see her next to make sure she has enough choc mint & veg soup.

I really hope the original soup turns out OK tomorrow. It'd be nice to have a few things to have instead of just the 2 shakes.

I there anything you can add to the original porridge to make it taste better?
After tasting the apple & cinn porridge, i've decided im not too keen on cinnamon lol.
I would normally add splender to real porridge but i know i can't use that.

Yep, I add cinnamon, which is ok to use or you can use all spice.
You can also use a crunched up sweetener the tablet form.
Are you putting the porridge in the microwave for a minute before eating it?

Good luck on your journey hun

Yeah i put it in the microwave.
I think i need to add less water & blend it & maybe that will improve it lol.
We shall see tomorrow.

I add sweetners to the water for mine-they dissolve quickly that way :)

Back