Portion Control

Also you're presuming that would be EE, on normal green days, we don't follow the 1/3 plate rule.

Yes we do hun - the third superfree is recommended on all plans not just extra easy :)

Buy smaller plates im a pile it high girl and always have done huge portions serving on a smaller plate has really helped me xx xxx

I do have some cup measuring containers but I think I'd be overdoing it if I had a cup of pasta. 1/2 a cup seems more like it to me...Still have some experimenting to do, I guess.

Hi!
I am very much like you, I eat until my plate is empty.
So I always weigh dry ingredients like pasta/rice/couscous.

Pasta for me now is 60g dry and I bulk it out with loads of free veg.

I do mostly green and I find the SW recipes which have rice or pasta in to serve 4 have way more food per portion than I want to eat. I tend to make a meal for 4 do about 6 portions. When I cook rice or pasta separately I weigh 50 g and find it is plenty for me. Sometimes I have a little more, but I certainly could not eat 100g. I then fill up on the veg and whatever the protein part is.
I have to say that I mentioned it in class once and the consultant didn't agree, BUT IT WORKS FOR ME and helped me get to my target.

In all my recipes I allow 50g per person, this has served me well. I found a plastic mug that I use for 100g for the 2 of us, I use it for rice, couscous etc much easier than getting the scales out!

I cook 1 cup of rice and eat half and freeze the other half and I have recently gone to smaller plate - it is 9". You do get used to it after a while.
Pasta usually about 70gms dry weight.

I do mostly green and I find the SW recipes which have rice or pasta in to serve 4 have way more food per portion than I want to eat. I tend to make a meal for 4 do about 6 portions. When I cook rice or pasta separately I weigh 50 g and find it is plenty for me. Sometimes I have a little more, but I certainly could not eat 100g. I then fill up on the veg and whatever the protein part is.
I have to say that I mentioned it in class once and the consultant didn't agree, BUT IT WORKS FOR ME and helped me get to my target.

Same here with the recipes, especially the soups do me bout 6-8 portions, serves 4 my hoohoo

Back