PORTION HELP PLZ

chipbutty

:)Hi all
when it says free food say pasta ect do you have to weigh it or can you really eat alot :confused:

thanks
sandy x

yo can really eat alot :) x

You can eat a whole pan if you want! Maybe not that advisable though and if your on extra easy you need 1 third pasta, 1 third meat and 1 third veg x

You can eat as much as you want until you are satisfied.

You can eat a whole pan if you want! Maybe not that advisable though and if your on extra easy you need 1 third pasta, 1 third meat and 1 third veg x

Not strictly true, you don't need a third meat, you just need a third superfree foods.

Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed and you'll be just fine!

Hmmm perhaps ive been misinformed Jaylou - thats actually what my slimming world consultant told me!!!
Actually ive been wondering if i HAD to eat all that meat cos im not a huge carnivore!

Hmmm perhaps ive been misinformed Jaylou - thats actually what my slimming world consultant told me!!!
Actually ive been wondering if i HAD to eat all that meat cos im not a huge carnivore!

You most certainly have been misinformed!!! ;)

Nowhere does it say you have to have meat/carbs/veg as your meals. You can eat freely from the free foods lists with a third of your meal coming from superfree foods (so fruit and non-starchy veg)

I cant help thinking that maybe a few green days would work for me, any difference in the weight loss stakes Jaylou?

It all depends on you, some people say green days bloat them and they don't lose as well - personally I love them!! I love pasta and potatoes and really fill up on them. I'm also a fan of beans so today is bean chilli and rice. Green days are fab (and you get extra A's and B's!)

I try and eat my superfree food first (if a "traditional" meal) because that fills me up so that I can only eat enough free food to satisfy me.

Otherwise I could easily go back for seconds!

Good tip Alwyn.
If im honest ive never been hungry over the last 2 weeks so seconds hasn't been a problem but I have been naughty over the bank hols so tonight at 7pm will tell!

sounds yummy :) ... soon as i 'feel' hungy I tend to eat apple/grapes/strawberries/carrot stick/etc ... when it comes to 'dinner' time... i have a smaller portion and feel full after :)

I've had to start waiting until my stomach starts to growl before I eat anything. One of my problems is eating out of boredom, it's not true hunger, so by waiting until my body says "FEED ME!" I'm not overeating.

If you have a drink of water about 1 hour before you eat, you will know whether you really are hungry, or whether you were thirsty as sometimes this can happen.
My GB was fitted purely to stop me from "over eating", as I could never tell when I had had enough food. My portion sizes are much smaller now and I graze through the day rather than have large meals at set times, this works better for me.

Back