Portion size

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by not_lar_croft, 17 January 2011 Social URL.

1. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I am doing SW but am trying to watch what my kids eat as well. Going to give them similar food as me but with portion size control. Have found a website which states that 1/2 cup of rice is what children are required which is dry weight - what would be the portion size for cooked weight? Would 1/2 cup dry rice = 1 cup cooked rice? Have brought some cheapo plastic measuring cups from ASDA as it is easier to do by the cup! Sorry if I am being a bit blonde but if anyone knows can they let me know :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    why dont you cook 1/2 cup of rice in its own pan next time you cook rice and then measure the cooked rice in a cup. then you'll know how much it is cooked. :)

4. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thanks both - did think of doing that but thought that would be too easy lol!!!

My kids are 13 n 18 so not little kids but both need to lose some weight.

5. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    18 not really a child any more, so normal SW portions would be fine for him/her. If your meals are all SW friendly then by default they will probably lose some weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.