Portion size.

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
I'm beginning to wonder if I just eat too much. For instance the chicken curry I had this evening had 282 grams chicken when raw, teaspoon dried onions, curry paste & cream, with green veg instead of rice.

Lunch was 3 rashers of streaky, a large egg, a 3oz tomato & mushrooms, all fried in butter.

This evening I had a hunk, about 60gms, of Seriously Strong.

About 7 coffees with cream & ½tsp Splenda throughout the day.

Am I just greedy?

I don't think that's excessive and i eat more than that many days (but i'm also bigger than you which might explain that). Maybe try to cut down on the cream/cheese which could be stalling your weight.. i see a lot of people stalling due to dairy products? try replacing the cheese snack with something else for a few days? Or otherwise just keep on doing what you are doing, it will shift eventually, i see Atkins defines a 'stall' as being at the same weight for 4 weeks in a row, which to my mind is a long time (!). One other thing to check is if you are *going* regularly, constipation can be a bit of a problem for me on this diet so i take psyllium husks to help, but then again i don't eat enough veg really... but if it does become a problem i can lose a few lbs overnight by resolving it :) plus i seem to retain fluid on top of that too.

Eat if you are hungry. Once you're full, stop! :)

I agree with losingit, doesn't look excessive to me. My only comment (apart from the dairy) is the 7 coffees! Wow! Are they decaf? Some people have a problem with caffeine, although I can't seem to find out for certain why. Some people say it raises insulin, others say no it doesn't, but it is a thyroid suppressant. Low thyroid can slow weight loss.

Other than that I think you and I eat pretty much the same way! :eatdrink012:

Thank you both. I was so afraid that gluttony may be my problem. I do drink a lot of coffee - Nescafe'. It is not decaf. Like you both, I think it may be the dairy. Oh but I am so loath to give it up. :sigh:

Before giving up your beloved dairy (i totally get that, i really do, i love my cream!), why not try the caffeine route first? Maybe even switching half your coffee to decaf could help? I know caffeine withdrawal isn't much fun either but once you get over the initial 'hangover' it will be dead easy and won't feel like you are depriving yourself like with cutting out the dairy,... maybe worth a go.

Thanks hun, I will give it a try, it would certainly be the easier route.

The Atkins book recommends going without caffeine for the first two weeks, as it causes hunger spikes and cravings. Gvie decaf a go and see how you get on :)

Back