portion sizes on EE

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Pudgy Panda, 6 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Pudgy Panda

Pudgy Panda Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.5%)
    Hi just wondering what your plate looks like on EE?

When i went to classes my consultant said to pile the plate full so its practically falling off, making sure you have 1/3 superfree and free foods...

so when your cooking and serve up is your food spilling over - now i am just filling normal plate and trying to keep it into 1/3 sections to see what i am actually eating

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    Im on day 3 of EE and so would like to hear peoples views on this im doing 3rd veg ect, but not going over board with the other food, its scary, and cant wait to see if ive lost on EE, ive only ever done green/red in the past , thursday weigh day, fingers crossed

4. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I like to have fairly big portions and always fill up with at least 1/3 superfree. If I'm not having 1/3 veg with my meal, I have a smaller portion, followed by 2 or 3 pieces of fruit but 99% of the time, I have 1/3 superfree on my plate. If I'm hungry for seconds, I go for veg first or have some fruit and that is always enough. :)

5. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I just serve myself normal portions. Generous but certainly not spilling over the plate! I suggest going by how you feel rather than a specified quantity. Serve yourself what you think is an average sized meal and see if you could do with more, can barely finish it or if it was just right. After a while you're able to judge quantities better. I don't think it's a good idea to eat until you're uncomfortably full just because your consultant said so. Only you would be the best judge of that.

6. qbeewar

qbeewar Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do green but still have atleast 1/3 superfree food with my dinner. Portion sizes differ depending on what it is, but at the end of the day, free is guilt free, just fill the plate with whatever you need to satisfy yourself :)

7. slinkydreams

slinkydreams Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    It is funny what different consultants say. Mine says you have to be really careful with portion size on extra easy.

It's confusing that they all seem to say different things...

8. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I eat what I want from the free/superfree foods as and when I like. Sometimes have 1/3 superfree and sometimes not. Works for me!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.