Possible mistake in SW mag, aug/sept issue? or is cooking fruit syn free?

Juliewoo

Hello everyone,

I'm back to SW after a lengthy absence.

Has anything changed with cooking fruit? as I'm confused about the meal planner on page 25.

On friday it says you can have a baked apple with I tbsp mincemeat as a pudding. There are no syns for this.

Is this syn free now? or is it incorrect.

If someone can have a look in the mag for me, that would be great :D

xx

Yeah that's wrong. 8oz of baked cooking apple would be 4 syns (at 1/2 a syn per oz) and a tbsp mincemeat is 2, so that's 8.5 for the stuffed apple! :confused: Theyve only listed the syns for the pesto and jam it seems.

EDIT: Unless they were thinking of counting it as a HEX, as they havent listed syns for the cheese, bread etc so they are obviously counting those as HEXes. That still doesn't explain the mincemeat however...

so annoying, my cooking apple tree is laden with fruit, will have to give it all away!

A 227g baked apple with 1 level tbsp mincemeat is a healthy extra B choice I believe, so if you count it as this then you don't have to count any syns :)

But they've already had a HEB at breakfast with the wholemeal toast.

Oh, I've just assumed that this was extra easy, as the last time I was buying the mags, everything was extra easy.

Maybe it's red/green!!

I'll go have another look.

I didn't know you could have the apple & mincemeat though, so that's great news :)

xx

Yeah it took me a while too but I'm gessing the menu planner is for green/original days (red & green backgrounds), so you would get 2 x HEXb, doesn't make it very obvious though does it? I just noticed it the other day and thought it would be nice, made me think of Christmas lol

Ahhhhhh well I didn't know that. You learn something every day on here :) I was reading all the menus and thinking how bizarre it was not naming what bit was a healthy extra and stuff.

Ohhh I see point 2 on the left says your second HEXA and your HEXBs are incorporated into all the menus.

I think they have decided to alternate between Red/Green, and EE with each issue. So this one was Red and Green, the next issue will be EE.

It was because quite a lot of people still follow Red and Green and were fed up of only seeing EE (Particularly Vegetarians like me) :D

So I think yes, that will be a healthy B choice, but I agree that it should be more obvious...

Yeah it took me a while too but I'm gessing the menu planner is for green/original days (red & green backgrounds), so you would get 2 x HEXb, doesn't make it very obvious though does it? I just noticed it the other day and thought it would be nice, made me think of Christmas lol

Yeah it took me a while to fathom. Basically the pink boxes are red days and green ones are green days. And on the top left of p24 it says you also get one HEXA milk/cheese but that your other A and your B choice/s are already incorporated into the menu.

I dont think its really clear enough though, people will easily mix and match that stuff, they need to know which things are HEXes and *why* :confused:

EDITED it AGAIN as its its soooooo bloddy badly organised!!!! DAMN YOU SW!!!!! :(

emmyemms83 said:
A 227g baked apple with 1 level tbsp mincemeat is a healthy extra B choice I believe, so if you count it as this then you don't have to count any syns :)

Yaaaaay! I love this! Guess what I'm having for dessert tonight :) xx

Yaaaaay! I love this! Guess what I'm having for dessert tonight :) xx

Haha, can you buy mincemeat all year round? I've only ever seen it in the supermarkets at Christmas, suppose they'll have it in prime position on the shelves then though. I might have a look next time I go shopping. Mmmm with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on the apple too, I'm jealous! x

Back