Postponing birthday and not booking a holiday?

HelenaHandbasket

I've just started SS (day 4 and feeling good :D), but it's my birthday in a few weeks' time. I suspect I'd find a food-free birthday a bit depressing, so I'm considering postponing the celebrations until I've reached target. I have 8.5 stone to lose, so that could be quite some time :eek:. Has anyone done this?

I had also been planning to book a family holiday for June/July, but I'm not sure what to do now. We wouldn't be self-catering, so although I could take my CD sachets with me, my husband and young son would need to eat out. There's a BIG risk that I'd cave in and start (over)eating, so it would be easier not to go. But I don't want to deprive my family of a Summer holiday :confused:. Any advice?

Thanks,
HH

yah.. sounds like a good idea.. im not sure if you read blue grapefruits new thread.. about how she came off for birthdays.. and found is almost impossible to get back on.. just think at the end of that 8.5 stone.. you get to have double celebrations.. one for losing weight.. and two for a birthday.. hehe..
x x x

I postponed my birthday last year (my 30th was in november) and when i finish this diet i will be celebrating with a lovely and healthy meal with my husband.

I've just started SS (day 4 and feeling good :D), but it's my birthday in a few weeks' time. I suspect I'd find a food-free birthday a bit depressing, so I'm considering postponing the celebrations until I've reached target. I have 8.5 stone to lose, so that could be quite some time :eek:. Has anyone done this?

I had also been planning to book a family holiday for June/July, but I'm not sure what to do now. We wouldn't be self-catering, so although I could take my CD sachets with me, my husband and young son would need to eat out. There's a BIG risk that I'd cave in and start (over)eating, so it would be easier not to go. But I don't want to deprive my family of a Summer holiday :confused:. Any advice?

Thanks,
HH

Hi Helen
Why dont you follow the 790 plan whilst on holiday - that way you can take tetra's bars and enjoy a meal with your family of fish, chicken or salad! Its only a prison sentence if you let it be! xxxxxxxxxx

Hi there

I did a week self catering holiday in the middle of SS. I took my tetras with me and did AAMW. We would normally eat out in the evenings but switched things round a bit. Hubby would have something out during the day as it was easier for me to just have a coffee or water at lunch. Then in the evening we stayed in, I would cook him a meal and have my bowl of cottage cheese. It was a real revelation that I could go on holiday and enjoy myself without food!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Gx

Maybe postpone the birthday celebrations if this is coming up soon and still take the holiday in June/July when you will feel much more confident in your own ability to stick to whatever you decide...SS or 790 or 1000:confused:

It shows that you are already thinking ahead and beginning to plan for events and I reckon that planning is the key to avoiding being caught off guard.....:D:D:D

Best wishes,

Lacey x :)

yah.. sounds like a good idea.. im not sure if you read blue grapefruits new thread.. about how she came off for birthdays.. and found is almost impossible to get back on.. just think at the end of that 8.5 stone.. you get to have double celebrations.. one for losing weight.. and two for a birthday.. hehe..
x x x

Yes, definitely a double celebration! I've just been reading blue grapefruit's thread. Very interesting and it's strengthened my resolve to do without a birthday for now.

Thanks,
HH

Maybe postpone the birthday celebrations if this is coming up soon and still take the holiday in June/July when you will feel much more confident in your own ability to stick to whatever you decide...SS or 790 or 1000:confused:

It shows that you are already thinking ahead and beginning to plan for events and I reckon that planning is the key to avoiding being caught off guard.....:D:D:D

Best wishes,

Lacey x :)

Thanks, Lacey. That's really helpful.

HH

Back