pounds to lose by may 2011(everyone welcome!)

How long has everyone been on their diets? In truth, I think I need to stick to mine for at least a year, but have never done anything so long-term before and think I will struggle. Does anyone have any tips on staying motivated/happy?

How long has everyone been on their diets? In truth, I think I need to stick to mine for at least a year, but have never done anything so long-term before and think I will struggle. Does anyone have any tips on staying motivated/happy?
I've been on mine properly since May this year. I've only lost 1st 7lbs altogether - needed to lose 5 st in total so still got a way to go yet.
However I look & feel heaps better already and am now 12st 7lbs instead of a hefty 14st :eek:

I think to stay motivated and happy then you must be happy with the diet you are on and enjoy the foods you eat. As for inspiration then I feel that this forum has been a boon to me as has keeping in mind a specific target to work towards. Also I've had incentive from clothes that I want to fit into. Most of the things which were tight 2 months ago now fit me nicely - I was trying them on every week and it was definitely an incentive to keep going when they got looser each week.

Let me know how you get on hunnie, we're all here for support and motivatoin when you most need it. :) X

Erinw ...step away from the chocolate..lol...:D im doing ok,, just sleepy... had a very busy day and loads more to come on the run up to Christmas...
Just keep taking each day one day at atime... no point looking at it as a whole year... just look at little bits.. maybe make some little goals.. and also some treats for when you get to certain goals??

ive been on my diet since november 8th...struggled a bit but kind of getting the hang of it now.. i really hope to be at goal by may,,fingers crossed...

well done miss mango on getting down to the 12's.. i cant wait to get to the 12's!!

who else is watching im a celebrity??

i actually love this thread we have going... suport and motivation to the max..:) xxx

well done miss mango on getting down to the 12's.. i cant wait to get to the 12's!!

who else is watching im a celebrity??

i actually love this thread we have going... suport and motivation to the max..:) xxx
Thank you hunnie, its taken a while to get here but now I am I'm never going back up - my aim is to get into the 11's now and a non obese BMI! I thought I'd never get this far but I have and its all down to the help from you guys on here as well as my own hard work :)

I love this thread too, you're so right, it is support and motivation to the max. I like how we're able to post our lists but then we have our little motivational chats in between - its just great and I can see me sticking around this thread all the time :) Just great, thank you! X

I've been going 12 weeks, hoping to be done in a year.

I keep motivated by not making anything off limits. I build a chocolate wafer and a pack of quavers in to every single days food. Knowing I can have it if I want it means I don't crave them and don't always have them. (not quite lol) the wafer (82 cals) takes care of chocolate cravings and the quavers (87 cals) satisfy the salty crunch cravings.

I really wanted a cheese sandwich the other day and looked up the calories (500 yikes!) still had one but went very easy on the rest of the days food and stilll managed to come in under calories. Its just learning moderation and portion control for me.

Oh forgot, the awesome support on here and MFP...I would not have done so well without it. I love My minimins and MFP'ers support, and I love giving it

thats a great way of looking at it Cat... putting it there if you want it...im one of those people that wants what they cant have..instant gratification and all that jazz..so what your doing is a great way of dealing with it!! good job..well done on your two stone loss also!!.. 500calories in a cheese sandwich...woah...

when i come off lipotrim ill try keep those to a minimum!!

your welcome missmango!! i think its brilliant :D .. ah youll be in the 11s in no time...when i get to 12.8 ill be into overweight so i really cannot wait until then! fingers crossed its not tooo far away!

Ah work your bum off and youll be in the 11's in no time..just keep at it! :D

Is it ok if I post a piccie? I'd like to see where I started and then where I end up - maybe we could all do it if we want to and track our progress? I'm cutting my face out though, you aint seeing that :p :D
tubby.jpg

pmsl...yes of course missmango..thats a good idea..i might do that if i get round to it!!.. i love the colour of your top, i love that salmony peachy colour!!....

ah im just sitting down to watch briget jones on tv wooo..:) x

Is it ok if I post a piccie? I'd like to see where I started and then where I end up - maybe we could all do it if we want to and track our progress?

You're looking great! Well done

I'm not up to a photo of myself yet, it was a photo of myself that got me on here but im not ready to look at a pic of myself yet let alone share one, catching my reflection in the window still makes me want to cry! :cry: and yes i'd be cutting my mush off too...I will probably put a head shot up of me briefly one day so everyone can put a face to the words but it wouldnt stay up long.

all the more reason to stick to our guns and lose the weight hey cat! :D xx

-pudge- 90lbs to go! -14, 76lbs to go!
Miss Mango: 50lbs to go! -2lbs, 48lbs to go!
mistysmummy 59.5 lbs to lose -3.5, 56lbs to go!
WelshCake 37 to go!
SammyE: to lose 46lbs! - 4.2lbs lost - 41.8lbs to go
soccermom to lose 5olbs - 3.5lbs lost so far
Miss_kassy 71.75lbs to go!
86alpzzyj - now 15lbs to go!
Ria - 15lbs to lose (currently 12 stone 8lbs)
truehoneybuns-57lbs to go!
HBB - 47lbs to go! (lost 9lbs)
Mixedspice69 - 50lbs to go!
Kittykandy - 52.8lbs to go!
CatCrazy - 36lbs - 34lbs to go
leeanne910 - 63.5lbs to go
Sammii - 27lbs to go!
Mellow2804-50lbs to go!
Miss V - 32lbs to go!
cat 1977: 16lbs, -1, 15lbs to go!
ErinW - 33lbs- 23lbs to go!
Bella30 - 50lbs (3st 8lbs) to go!
Syren - 60lbs - 60 to go !

I definitely am sticking to it...catching sight of that photo of me taken unawares was truly horrible. My reaction to it was even worse (wheres the banshee smiley??) Never ever ever want to feel like that again

pmsl...yes of course missmango..thats a good idea..i might do that if i get round to it!!.. i love the colour of your top, i love that salmony peachy colour!!....

ah im just sitting down to watch briget jones on tv wooo..:) x
I've only just gotton brave mind, I didn't want to post my pic at first!
Yeah its my fave colour, got loadsa stuff in this colour :D

You're looking great! Well done

I'm not up to a photo of myself yet, it was a photo of myself that got me on here but im not ready to look at a pic of myself yet let alone share one, catching my reflection in the window still makes me want to cry! :cry: and yes i'd be cutting my mush off too...I will probably put a head shot up of me briefly one day so everyone can put a face to the words but it wouldnt stay up long.
Aw bless yu Cat, I understand how you feel. I hate having my piccie taken, I'm only feeling better as my mush isn't on it :D But honestly, I do understand how you feel. When I was 14st I didn't even know I was til I saw a pic of myself looking like a heffa - made me so sick I jumped on the scales and was shocked. Then cried. Then got angry at myself. So I totally know what its like.

I can't wait til all of us are at target, as long as we stick together and support each other I'm sure we'll do it!

Thanks for the compliments by the way :) Xxx

yaaayyy actually i think im going to get a picture of me and put it on my wall beside my year planner.. as much as i dont want to i think if i see it first thing in the morning it will help get me through the day :) xx

yaaayyy actually i think im going to get a picture of me and put it on my wall beside my year planner.. as much as i dont want to i think if i see it first thing in the morning it will help get me through the day :) xx
Flippin' good idea, I'm gonna do that too :D I can't bear the sight of myself when I was 14st, looked disgusting. Still don't like the sight of myself now but its a lot better than I was - I was like a flaming baby elephant this time last year!! :eek:

yaaayyy dieters unite :) i think its a really good idea! glad you guys are going to do it too...lets hope it gives us that boost that we need in the morning when all we want is something yummy.... also it happens that the back of the door that my wal planner is on,,which is where the photo will be going,, happens to be my bathroom door..

jackpot,,that means everytime i need the loo ill see myself!! bonus :) xx

miss mango you make me giggle with your decriptions.... baby elephant.. o dear lol xx

yaaayyy dieters unite :) i think its a really good idea! glad you guys are going to do it too...lets hope it gives us that boost that we need in the morning when all we want is something yummy.... also it happens that the back of the door that my wal planner is on,,which is where the photo will be going,, happens to be my bathroom door..

jackpot,,that means everytime i need the loo ill see myself!! bonus :) xx
I think I'll attach my pic to every cupboard that contains food! hahahaha! :D I'm doing really well lately though so an extra incentive next to my calendar will be good.
I've not had chocolate or crisps for a month now. Gagging!! :p

I'm really excited tonight, no idea why.....

miss mango you make me giggle with your decriptions.... baby elephant.. o dear lol xx
Haha glad I made you laugh - its true though, I was starting to resemble one - one of those pink ones as well - even worse!! Hahahahaha :D

i have silly images of baby ellie the elephants in my head now... if i dream of tehm im blaming you...

ooh ooh youre all excited because youre extra motivated and your excited about how you will feel when you attach the picture to every cupboard,,and know that you wont be drawn into eating unhealthy foods..:D

thats fantastic that you havent had them in that long.. you know they say it only takes ten days to break a habit,,not sure how much i believe that ,but its meant to be true so therefore you have broken your habit :) ...
yaaaaayyyyyyy...righty im off to bed long day of college tomorrow..im off to dream about elephants and how i dont want to be one :D ...nighty night ...xx

Back