PP and feeling ill

size102b

Banned
I couldn't do sw as I've got bad ibs and free fruit and veg to fill you up mades it worse. SO last 2 days I've had more fruit and veg as I usually avoid but being 29 pp to me is low I was hungry so had fruit I avoid thinking I'd be ok, today I had to come home from IT course as my stomachs so bad and I'm meant to be travelling from the isle of Wight to chichester at 1.30 for an awards dinner :(
Am sad as I like pp but like sw it really isn't going to be easy as I can't eat 0 point fruit and veg to fill me up and if I ate like I dud on DP I will be using lots if not all my weekly 49 pot and I know that will slow my losses down as I was losing very little in the last 3 months on DP.
I am :( xx

I had Ibs and is almost gone now, it might not be the fruit and veg. I found that cutting down on my dairy made a MASSIVE diffrence. Dairy is one of the main reasons people have IBS.

Hi size102b.

I don't suffer from IBS but I do have Crohn's so I was slightly concerned when I started SW that all the fruit and veg would give me grief.

I've found there are certain ways of avoiding tummy pain though...

- if you slightly overcook your veg, it'll make it easier to digest.
- try and leave the skin off stuff
- if you're having a bad day, go for a Green Day. You don't have to worry about getting your 1/3 superfree food with every meal and you can eat as much white pasta as you can bear!
- I'll make little cheats if I'm feeling really poorly - for example I won't have 28g of bran flakes as a Hex B but will measure out 28g corn flakes instead. I know that's technically cheating but at the end of the day, your health is the most important thing.

Hope you feel better hun xx

I suffered dreadfully whilst on SW and ended up back on IBS medication and came off SW. I have NEVER Lost weight on SW which drives me nuts as it is an easy plan to follow. I've been on PP from Monday after 2 weeks on SW red days and not losing a single lb!! Grrr!! However, still no weight loss and actually am half pound heavier this past 2 days!! Im also feeling very bloated. Interesting one about the dairy as I do drink almost a pint of skimmed milk per day and a couple of yoghurts. Shall maybe experiment next week and cut out the dairy for a while.

I really want this to work

I know what you mean. I have this problem with fibre too and I was worried about this new diet with all the talk of high fibre foods. I love stuff like All bran but it absolutely hates me. I'd be bad for days after that. Apples and pears have the same effect and I'm having to be careful with fruit and veg. Probably why I'm so glad to see bananas back on the menu because they don't give me any problems.

Are you eating way more fruit & veg since since you started PP? Ah yes, just re-read and you are.

You might want to take your F&V consumption back to normal levels and then increase it gradually if you think it is definitely the F&V that is triggering an attack.

You could always try tinned fruit as that is peeled and is a bit easier to digest? Or stew some fruit... I've actually found that my IBS disappears when I eat more fruit & veg. I'd be feeling awesome just now if it wasn't for having a cold!!

Interesting one about the dairy as I do drink almost a pint of skimmed milk per day and a couple of yoghurts. Shall maybe experiment next week and cut out the dairy for a while.

I dont want to get into it really but alot of peoples problems are form dairy, only the western world eats it really and its about 80% or something of people have problems with it to some extent. Humans are not designed to digest milk in adulthood, espeically that from another animal:jelous:
I cutt it out totally when I went fully vegan and my IBS was gone. Totally gone. And i suffered for years of having it everyday so it might be worth a try. I have dairy sometimes now and find its ok also I dont get symptoms from alot of other things i thought upset me like fizzy drinks now, im pretty sure it was the massive amount of dairy chocolate i was eating before that was doing me in! :rolleyes: and then possibly the tons of yogurt i ate when i did sw.

CupcakeKatie said:
I dont want to get into it really but alot of peoples problems are form dairy, only the western world eats it really and its about 80% or something of people have problems with it to some extent. Humans are not designed to digest milk in adulthood, espeically that from another animal:jelous:
I cutt it out totally when I went fully vegan and my IBS was gone. Totally gone. And i suffered for years of having it everyday so it might be worth a try. I have dairy sometimes now and find its ok also I dont get symptoms from alot of other things i thought upset me like fizzy drinks now, im pretty sure it was the massive amount of dairy chocolate i was eating before that was doing me in! :rolleyes: and then possibly the tons of yogurt i ate when i did sw.

I think I'll give this ago next week and see if it makes any difference to my bloating. The only thing that makes me think it is fruit and veg is that I was on a low carb diet not that long ago and all my symptoms went away, although constipation then became a problem, ahem!!

Well anything is worth a go, I know that for sure!

hope you feel better soon!!

Back