pp free fruit

linzi_lou

hi again! just a question about the free fruit and veg, im guessing i cant eat loads of it just because its free!?

like a banana was 1 1/2 p before and now its free!? what if i ate 2 or 3 of them in 1 day would this affect my weight loss?

i think you need to experiment, it is trial and error over how much you can get away with

i love bananas and 4 days out of 7 i have one for breakfast and one for lunch. i have no idea whether cutting them out would mean a greater loss but i am quite happy plodding along as i am! x

Just be careful. It's not "free" it's "zero" points. You're only allowed 5 portions of fruit a day. So, a medium sized banana would be one portion, 8-10 grapes would be another, an apple, 2 mandarins, etc.

Interesting.... I've never once heard that you must not eat more than 5 portions of fruit a day.

The online guide tells you you can eat as much fruit to feel satisfied, and aim for at least 5 a day of fruit & veg?

Suppose its probably the individual leaders deviating again....! :p

my leader said you can eat as much 0pp fruit/veg, as long as you arent using it to replace meals, or just eating for the sake of it. And if you aren't losing, dropping a bit of fruit can be one of a few things you could look at

the book says the same as the online stuff.

Who says you're "only allowed 5 portions of fruit a day"??

The book, my leader...

Back when I was going to meetings (til December so at the beginning of PP) my leader said the exact same thing. You only consider your first 5 portions of fruit free a day, then they start to have points. How many I have no idea tbh as I never eat more than 5 portions a day. But it does make sense considering how much natural sugar in it fruit...

Interesting.... I've never once heard that you must not eat more than 5 portions of fruit a day.

The online guide tells you you can eat as much fruit to feel satisfied, and aim for at least 5 a day of fruit & veg?

Suppose its probably the individual leaders deviating again....! :p

Yup, probably. Although I kinda agree with my leader here. Otherwise you could go overboard. So I aim not to have more than 5 portions a day and it's working (so far!!)

At the end of the day, do what works for you. That's all that really matters!!

I don't think I'd would eat more than that either anyway, I find it hard to believe you could eat lots of it and it not affect your loss, but like others have said I'll see what works for me.

Il be starting tomorrow! going to go food shopping today get some healthy things and cook spaghetti Bol for tea tonight with the full fat mince meat I brought at the weekend lol :)

i think u just need to be sensible with this one. after all, if an average a piece of fruit has 80 cals , thats soon going to add up if your eating plenty of it which would have a points value if it was any other food. my leader b4 said to be cautious of the zero value for this reason. good luck everyone :)

Back