pp free fruit

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by linzi_lou, 15 May 2011 Social URL.

1. linzi_lou

linzi_lou Full Member

hi again! just a question about the free fruit and veg, im guessing i cant eat loads of it just because its free!?

like a banana was 1 1/2 p before and now its free!? what if i ate 2 or 3 of them in 1 day would this affect my weight loss?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i think you need to experiment, it is trial and error over how much you can get away with

i love bananas and 4 days out of 7 i have one for breakfast and one for lunch. i have no idea whether cutting them out would mean a greater loss but i am quite happy plodding along as i am! x

4. linzi_lou

linzi_lou Full Member

Lol ok thanks x

5. shinnyr

shinnyr Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.72%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Just be careful. It's not "free" it's "zero" points. You're only allowed 5 portions of fruit a day. So, a medium sized banana would be one portion, 8-10 grapes would be another, an apple, 2 mandarins, etc.

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Who says you're "only allowed 5 portions of fruit a day"??

7. shinnyr

shinnyr Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.72%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    The book, my leader...

8. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Interesting.... I've never once heard that you must not eat more than 5 portions of fruit a day.

The online guide tells you you can eat as much fruit to feel satisfied, and aim for at least 5 a day of fruit & veg?

Suppose its probably the individual leaders deviating again....! :p

9. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    my leader said you can eat as much 0pp fruit/veg, as long as you arent using it to replace meals, or just eating for the sake of it. And if you aren't losing, dropping a bit of fruit can be one of a few things you could look at

the book says the same as the online stuff.

10. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    Back when I was going to meetings (til December so at the beginning of PP) my leader said the exact same thing. You only consider your first 5 portions of fruit free a day, then they start to have points. How many I have no idea tbh as I never eat more than 5 portions a day. But it does make sense considering how much natural sugar in it fruit...

11. shinnyr

shinnyr Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.72%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Yup, probably. Although I kinda agree with my leader here. Otherwise you could go overboard. So I aim not to have more than 5 portions a day and it's working (so far!!)

At the end of the day, do what works for you. That's all that really matters!!

12. linzi_lou

linzi_lou Full Member

I don't think I'd would eat more than that either anyway, I find it hard to believe you could eat lots of it and it not affect your loss, but like others have said I'll see what works for me.

Il be starting tomorrow! going to go food shopping today get some healthy things and cook spaghetti Bol for tea tonight with the full fat mince meat I brought at the weekend lol :)

13. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    i think u just need to be sensible with this one. after all, if an average a piece of fruit has 80 cals , thats soon going to add up if your eating plenty of it which would have a points value if it was any other food. my leader b4 said to be cautious of the zero value for this reason. good luck everyone :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.