PPs herbalife diet

Only one shake today at breakfast time.
Salad for lunch
New potatoes and bacon for tea.
Snacks - a frozen raspberry and cranberry muller light yogurt, and wholemeal bread toasted with marmite.
I've stocked up on fruit, nuts & dried fruit and seed mixes for snacks.

sounds like your doing well on this!

have you tried mint choc chip yet? I have a tub on order :D used my discount to order a friends vanilla shake too :)

I haven't tried mint choc. I've tried chocolate both on it's own and with added peanut butter. Both nice but not for more than an occasional treat. I'm having mostly vanilla. I got cappuccino and toffee apple as extras for this month and am having both of those for a little variety a couple of times per week.

Toffee apple is lovely :) not a fan of vanilla at all

I find the toffee apple a little too sweet to want to have every day - a couple of times a week is fine. I actually like the vanilla - I have it plain or occasionally mix fruit in with it. I tried it with chocolate flavoured milk but didn't like that at all.

I have a sweet tooth :p
the mint one tatses like melted mint ice cream! I love it

Total loss so far is 11.5lbs.

I'm pleased with the progress so far, & also the fact that I'm not tempted to have extras at lunchtime and during tea-breaks at work. When I used to pop up to the sandwich shop to buy lunch I would get a sandwich, cake and crisps and sometimes a sausage roll. Now with a shake at breakfast and some fruit mid-morning, I'm quite happy with just a shake for lunch.
I've started stocking the freezer with ready meals (portions of home made casseroles etc from slow cooker) & homemade soups to save time for my evening meals - that was another problem area, as I was often wanting something quick and easy when I got home.

When the colder weather starts I am considering swapping the lunchtime shake for a soup. I think herbalife do a tomato flavoured soup - don't know if there are any other flavours.

I've ordered herbalife soup to try - it is less calories than a shake but I will be replacing some of the lunchtime shakes with the soup. I've also ordered some protein bars for snacks as a change from fruit and nuts.
The next job is to sort out the freezer to make room to store portions of ready made meals, so I can just re-heat and add vegetables or wholewheat pasta or rice.

The soup isn't a replacement for the shakes its actually a snack do its am extra rather than a meal. You'll be eating too few calories otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had my first soup for lunch today. Not as tasty as {{brand name}}Cup a Soups much much superior to the supermarket own brand ones I have tried. Obviously better for me though in terms of additives.
I had discussed with my distributor re the fact that it is less calories than a shake, & he was quite happy for me to try having the soup for a lunch, if I made sure that my other meals and snacks came up to the required calorie count for the day.

I've gone past the one stone loss and am making my way to the next mini target of losing 10% of my starting weight. I have been alternating lunches between a herbalife soup or a shake during the week. Weekends a shake for breakfast, then eating two sensible meals. I've not had cravings for sweets and biscuits. I have had some of the Special K cracker crisps for snacks (only a half packet at a time) plus herbalife protein bars, so with fruit and nuts I am varying the snacks (which I have mid-morning and mid-afternoon)

Just before I started the herbalife diet I went on a six mile sponsored walk - & I was puffing along at the rear of the group. Last weekend I walked about 5 miles around a wildlife park and castle, then the following day walked another few miles around another National Trust property and was still Ok to walk some more on the third day (round an RSPB reserve this time) Which all goes to show that losing the weight is working. :)

Hiya, I started Herbalife on Friday last week and have my weigh in at the gym tomorrow! Excited/nervous. I'm hoping to lose 5/6 lbs as i've been working out and have been on orlistat prescribed by gp which i'm hoping will speed the whole thing up. I've been really cutting down on carbs and trying not to eat too much fruit and fat either, and have found it surprisingly ok despite being a former bacon butty and cake fiend!

So...I lost 9lbs on my first week! I think the orlistat has helped, but I'm amazed at it, lose another 5lbs and I will have lost a stone! I'm hoping to lose 6 or 7 lbs next week.... woohooooo! xx

So...I lost 9lbs on my first week! I think the orlistat has helped, but I'm amazed at it, lose another 5lbs and I will have lost a stone! I'm hoping to lose 6 or 7 lbs next week.... woohooooo! xx
That's fantastic! I've only lost 5lb in body weight but thanks to the break down that I get from my coach, I can see that my body fat has reduced significantly and my muscle mass has shot up and my body has completely changed shape!
Then there's my fitness levels that have gone through the roof...got to love Herbalife! Xx

Well, the second week I only lost 3lbs, which coupled with a crappy day and a tad of PMS I was not happy with at the time haha, but i can see a change and I feel better, in addition 12lbs in 2 weeks is pretty good so I can't complain! Herbalife is the first diet i've actually found easy to stick to, I tried Lipotrim about a year ago and it made me want to kill someone. I've strayed a little this week but I can't have put weight on anyway.

Netty you've done really well to get in such great shape and lose fat, not muscle, I wish I had a coach! It's hard to stay motivated at the gym sometimes! Thank you for the kind encouragement :)

Lucy xxx

Hi mamaepic, do you mind me asking how much you lost on average weekly on herbalife? Well done on your weight loss by the way! I can only hope to have your willpower, you've come a long way! xxx

I've not lost any this week - but the reason for that is that I was away for a long weekend, & had three meals per day cooked for me. I followed advice and had scrambled egg for breakfast and not cereal, and avoided the desserts offered at lunchtime, but did spoil myself with ice cream and lemon meringue pie in the evenings (not both at once ;) ) My distributor told me to go ahead and relax and have fun as I have done really well so far. It worked well as I only gained about a pound over the weekend and then lost it again by yesterday.

Now that I'm back at home I can get back to the diet/exercise and hopefully keep losing that steady one to two pounds per week.

I have also bought some new clothes - and I can comfortably fit into a size smaller, so I am quite happy.

Last edited:
Hey PP, well done, you're nearly there! Your diary has been great and really helpful, especially for a newbie like myself! I only hope to keep at it like you have done! It's always rewarding when you notice a change in your clothes :) xxx

Hey Lucy,

My weight loss has been really sporadic since I don't full adhere to the herbalife program. I try to have only one full meal (lunch) each day and vegetable juice or shake for breakfast. I do light exercise or weight training everyday and have cut down significantly on high calorie/high salt snack foods. Since starting herbalife I don't crave the 'bad' foods as much so that's quite easy.
I do however count calories and try to stay as close as possible to 1,000, most of the times, I am 1,200. I have a food scale and an app for counting.

Let's all keep posting and inspire each other!!!

Back