Pregnant & wanting to not gain too much

fluffyhead86

Hi everyone, I'm 3 months pregnant and have lost more weight these last 3 months than before when I was on weight watchers. Have to eat healthily now and I feel nauseous in the evenings so can't eat a big dinner :-(. I'd like to eat healthily and still make sure I don't put on too much weight. Any tips? Thanks.

Hi Fluffy

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am jumping boards here (hope that's ok??) as I'm trying to lose weight at the moment. But I've had 2 babies and struggled with weight with both pregnancies so thought I'd respond.

With my first I put on 4 stone, and with my second I promised myself to not be as bad as I was the first time but ended up putting on 5.5 stone.

Unlike you I felt sick all the time UNLESS I ate. But obviously I ate all the wrong foods! I knew what I had to do but it was soooooooo hard, my hormones were telling me eat eat eat!

My only advice would be, try to eat healthy during the week and have treats at the weekend. If you need to snack all day try to make it healthy snacks (instead of Ginger biscuits like me). Keep active- swimming, yoga etc. It will help you keep a positive mind as well- I was so emotional and felt so fat and frumpy, it affected my relationship.

But most importantly, just be relaxed and don't worry too much! The most important thing is for you to feel good. It's such an exciting time.

Congratulations again! Have you had the first scan yet? Xx

Back