Pressure - Dilema - Help

Moonpig

I just found out tho that my bridesmaid dress will be in the shop in 7-8 weeks and we will go for a fitting and alterations and im worried because i want to hit my goal by the wedding or atleast a couple of stone gone as im worried about my health and really dont want to look humungous in the pics, but this dress we have ordered can only be taken in a dress size and now i feel pressure not to loose too much :( What shall i do?? or what can i do?

Moonpig

I just found out tho that my bridesmaid dress will be in the shop in 7-8 weeks and we will go for a fitting and alterations and im worried because i want to hit my goal by the wedding or atleast a couple of stone gone as im worried about my health and really dont want to look humungous in the pics, but this dress we have ordered can only be taken in a dress size and now i feel pressure not to loose too much :( What shall i do?? or what can i do?

Moonpig

hi hun, so, you've already said what size you want the dress to be in? did you order it in the size you are in now or had you already decided to get it in a smaller size?

if you keep going the way you are now you should go down at least 1-2 dress sizes by then and would this make the dress way to big? x

When i first tried the dress on it was a 24 (im not a 24 never have been but according to that shop i am) but 2nd time when we actually ordered it i was an inch away from a 22 so we ordered it in a size 22.

Nope takes 14 weeks to be made and the dresses are coming in 3 weeks before the wedding as it is..Therll be a way im sure there has to be.

Thanks for your reply's.

Moonpig

When i first tried the dress on it was a 24 (im not a 24 never have been but according to that shop i am) but 2nd time when we actually ordered it i was an inch away from a 22 so we ordered it in a size 22.

All formal wear, in the states anyway, sizing is wrong. They always run really small... even in children's formal wear (like easter dresses, etc). bunch of punks. Nothing like going out and getting a prom dress and being told by the lady that you are 3 sizes bigger than what all your clothes tell you! :mad:

Honestly, I don't know how to solve your dilemma.. it would be better to have a dress that is too big (you can always pin it in places to make it look more flattering) than to have a dress too small.... then you'd have nothing to wear.

So if you only an inch from 22... do 22... and continue with your diet as you would normally. And when it comes in and it's too big in the waist... rejoice! and then grab some saftey pins!!!

(Or can your mom/grandmother sew? they might be able to take it in for you!)

LR

Tell me about it lightraven its horrible i was mortified and to make it even worse because it was over a size 18 it cos 80 euro more :eek: I wouldnt mind if the other bridesmaid was fat but she a size 12 :( lol.

I have a weird body lol i describe myself as the turkey body big up top and small waist down ( i wear a belt with all my trousers and the ******* still fall down lol)

Im just going to have to be pinned lol hopefully they wont fall out while im walking down the aisle or dancing would me pretty embarrassed lol :eek:

:p

I dunno.. turkey's seem to have big butts to me. :8855. But you're right, that is a different body shape. I had a neighbor once who was thin on top and but had a gigantic butt and thighs.

Course, I have the worst type of weight/body shape. I carry 90% of it in the middle. It's the most dangerous type because it affects your body so badly (heart, etc.) :(

I would definitely look into seeing if a family member is good with a needle and thread :)

LR

Back