Pretty much a vegetarian and feeling hungry!

MrsTinaV

Loving Married Life
Hello all,

I have joined WW with my Mum. She is on 26pp and I'm on 49pp so a massive difference!

She seems to be struggling with the feeling of hunger side more than me and our leader said 5 portions of fruit and veg a day is best as if you go over then they can affect you because of the sugars etc.

i know keeping hydrated is important but I'm worried that the feeling hungry will put her off. We don't eat meat really, we prefer meat-free and no eggs either so this does restrict us.

can anyone offer some tips for her please? What could she have to keep her full? I was wondering if simply filling might be good too?

thanks

tina

Serena to the rescue!

Serena is our resident Veggie so I'm sure she'll be able to help you :)

Hello all,

I have joined WW with my Mum. She is on 26pp and I'm on 49pp so a massive difference!

She seems to be struggling with the feeling of hunger side more than me and our leader said 5 portions of fruit and veg a day is best as if you go over then they can affect you because of the sugars etc.

i know keeping hydrated is important but I'm worried that the feeling hungry will put her off. We don't eat meat really, we prefer meat-free and no eggs either so this does restrict us.

can anyone offer some tips for her please? What could she have to keep her full? I was wondering if simply filling might be good too?

thanks

tina

Hey Tina :) Im Veggie, been on WW since 17/05 on 26pp and have lost 1 Stone 2lb in 12Weeks! I never restrict myself with Zero Heroes, I try to eat more Veg than Fruit as I know it's better for me but there are days when I eat tonnes of fruit, it's better to grab fruit than grab a chocolate bar! I snack on Fruit, Veg, Gherkins, Beetroot. I know u don't have Eggs but if I'm really peckish and need Protein I have one Boiled Egg White as they are 0pp. I also love snacking on Babybel Lights as they are 1pp. Are u Savoury or Sweet Toothed? I can offer some more low PP veggie suggestions? Another great idea is 0pp Veggie Soup, keeps u filled up between meals without adding PP.x

Serena to the rescue!

Serena is our resident Veggie so I'm sure she'll be able to help you :)

I'm already there ;-) x Got my Knickers over my Trousers, Super Serena!!! X

I was a veggie for 13 years and although I eat a bit of fish and poultry now, I still naturally veer towards veggie meals. On WW many years ago, whilst 100% veggie (not vegan), I lost over 4st and kept it off for over 10 years.

Today, I had a lovely bowl of homemade spicy butternut squash and red pepper soup (I make it at weekends and freeze it in portions), two ryvita multigrains and 100g of cottage cheese on top. For tea, I had oven baked peppers stuffed with rice, passata, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green beans and parmesan with a side of aubergine, courgette and tomato bake (topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan). I almost made a side salad to go with it and I'm glad I didn't because I am totally stuffed.

My observations about eating "veggie" are that you have to have some some protein as well as carbs with each meal otherwise you can be left feeling dissatisfied. I eat plenty of brown rice dishes (chinese, indian curries) and although I do often have chicken, you could have cashew nuts. I also make lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise and something akin to cottage pie, all with Quorn. It is quite tasty if it is well seasoned and in a good sauce.

Good luck!

Ooh this is great, thanks. I've just been looking at food diaries and was seeing that zero heroes were featuring a lot, I also thought that 5 fruit/veg was a minimum with my previous leader.

Where I get so many points I can eat lots more which makes me feel really unfair towards her (if I wasn't so huge I wouldn't be on them tho so it's nothing to be happy about!)

i was thinking of getting her to try:

Breakfast: porridge (3-4pp we have oat so simple which varies) with blueberries

mid am- alpen light bar (2pp) or Rice Krispie bar (think 2-3pp haven't checked yet) and tangerine

lunch: ryvita or ryvita crackerbread(3-4pp) kerrys low low cheese spread (1pp for 1serving), apple, yogurt (1-2pp) banana

This totals around 12 so leaves 12 for dinner and her soya milk each day too?

thanks again xx

edit: Maria you posted as I was replying. Lots of advice thank you. She does eat ham and bacon occasionally, so the protein thing is important actually I had forgotten.

I was a veggie for 13 years and although I eat a bit of fish and poultry now, I still naturally veer towards veggie meals. On WW many years ago, whilst 100% veggie (not vegan), I lost over 4st and kept it off for over 10 years.

Today, I had a lovely bowl of homemade spicy butternut squash and red pepper soup (I make it at weekends and freeze it in portions), two ryvita multigrains and 100g of cottage cheese on top. For tea, I had oven baked peppers stuffed with rice, passata, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green beans and parmesan with a side of aubergine, courgette and tomato bake (topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan). I almost made a side salad to go with it and I'm glad I didn't because I am totally stuffed.

My observations about eating "veggie" are that you have to have some some protein as well as carbs with each meal otherwise you can be left feeling dissatisfied. I eat plenty of brown rice dishes (chinese, indian curries) and although I do often have chicken, you could have cashew nuts. I also make lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise and something akin to cottage pie, all with Quorn. It is quite tasty if it is well seasoned and in a good sauce.

Good luck!

Fantastic points Maria! I totally agree about Carbs:protein, I always have both at all three meals! I LOVE the sound of your Peppers, how many PP do they work out? Do u cook the rice before u fill them? X

Fantastic points Maria! I totally agree about Carbs:protein, I always have both at all three meals! I LOVE the sound of your Peppers, how many PP do they work out? Do u cook the rice before u fill them? X

And it goes without saying "pile on the veg" at every meal.

My whole meal came in at 8pp but the peppers came in at 6pp (will be 7pp with a bit more cheese - read on). I made them because I had leftover rice from last night's chinese so yes, the rice needs to be cooked first. You take the lids off and scoop out the middle, chop up onion and any other veg you fancy (I always chuck garlic in), fry until the onion is soft, add the cold rice (about 80g cooked per pepper), stir in about 5 tbspn tomato passata until the rice starts to bind and add lots of seasoning. The recipe says to then add 50g of reduced fat cheddar to the mixture,which I would deffo do next time but I only had parmesan so I put in 2 tspns of that and it was just about enough. Then stuff the peppers (upright, putting the lids back on) and bake in the oven for 50 mins at about 180. I think some nuts wouldn't go amiss next time.

And it goes without saying "pile on the veg" at every meal.

My whole meal came in at 8pp but the peppers came in at 6pp (will be 7pp with a bit more cheese - read on). I made them because I had leftover rice from last night's chinese so yes, the rice needs to be cooked first. You take the lids off and scoop out the middle, chop up onion and any other veg you fancy (I always chuck garlic in), fry until the onion is soft, add the cold rice (about 80g cooked per pepper), stir in about 5 tbspn tomato passata until the rice starts to bind and add lots of seasoning. The recipe says to then add 50g of reduced fat cheddar to the mixture,which I would deffo do next time but I only had parmesan so I put in 2 tspns of that and it was just about enough. Then stuff the peppers (upright, putting the lids back on) and bake in the oven for 50 mins at about 180. I think some nuts wouldn't go amiss next time.

Mmmmmm I really must make these! I wouldn't put nuts in as I love nuts but on their own as a snack not in a dish, id definitely put cheese in tho! I've never thought about using leftover rice in such a way either.x

i was thinking of getting her to try:

Breakfast: porridge (3-4pp we have oat so simple which varies) with blueberries

mid am- alpen light bar (2pp) or Rice Krispie bar (think 2-3pp haven't checked yet) and tangerine

lunch: ryvita or ryvita crackerbread(3-4pp) kerrys low low cheese spread (1pp for 1serving), apple, yogurt (1-2pp) banana

This totals around 12 so leaves 12 for dinner and her soya milk each day too?

thanks again xx

edit: Maria you posted as I was replying. Lots of advice thank you. She does eat ham and bacon occasionally, so the protein thing is important actually I had forgotten.

Hi again
I have virtually the same breakfast but I add a small sliced banana as well. This keeps me going until lunchtime.
At lunchtime will you be adding a salad or something? If not you should as you will need to bulk that up. It would not fill me otherwise!

Ryvita crackerbread are 2pp for 4 :) extra light laughing cow is veggie and 1 of those is 0pp and I make 1 spread over 4 crackerbreads.

Ryvita crackerbread are 2pp for 4 :) extra light laughing cow is veggie and 1 of those is 0pp and I make 1 spread over 4 crackerbreads.

Ahhhhh the Crackerbread Discussion ;-) I always count them as 5 for 2pp, not that it makes much difference, they are like a puff of air anyway lol x PS-Laughing Cow are being boycotted in my house lol x

These are definitely going in my shopping trolley today. Thanks for the tip! x

These are definitely going in my shopping trolley today. Thanks for the tip! x

Make sure u get the Crackerbread in the Yellow Box and the Purple Coloured Extra-Light Triangles.x

Make sure u get the Crackerbread in the Yellow Box and the Purple Coloured Extra-Light Triangles.x

Will do, thanks. Although this did make me chuckle! Reminded me of when my mum used to send me to the shop when I was little.....x

Will do, thanks. Although this did make me chuckle! Reminded me of when my mum used to send me to the shop when I was little.....x

Lol! Sorry, I didn't mean to sound patronising lol x

Yeah already got the Crackerbreads and I love the Kerry's low low cheese spread with chilli and red pepper!

Yeah already got the Crackerbreads and I love the Kerry's low low cheese spread with chilli and red pepper!

Oooooo I've not tried that Spread, how many pp is it? X

Back