Pro Point Changes

well i'm half way through my first 26pp week and although it's been fine for now i had a bit of a binge last night and only have 2 weeklies left, whoops.

i've been thinking though maybe it's not best to go straight down to 26 unless you're close to goal or you've been struggling to lose on the 29pp.
nearly everyone struggles when they get to their last 10lbs or so, so next week i may go up to either 27 or 28 and reduce as my weight goes down, like with the discover plan.

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me said:
for people who moan about this ........ if you read the books that you get at your 1st meeting the purple pocket guide clearly explains it on page 48! .... your leader might forget to tell you but they do tell you to go home and read all the info they have given you!

if i'm doubling up anything i always run it through the calculator to see what it doubles up as !

...... also one thing my leader told us about the new changes are that they are optional !! .... it's just something new to mainly help those who find they aren't loosing as it is.... if the plan is working for you as it is you can carry on as you are, you don't need to change! :D

That's great if u hav a calculator but not every has one. And ww is expensive enough without having the extra expense. Ppl are struggling as it is to pay out EUR40 a month to go to ww, plus the cost of shopping tryin to eat fresh n healthy foods. Not everyone can afford that extra..

Miss D said:
Mines is down to 26 this morning as well so need to log on on my pc so I can change it back. Stupid WW. Why change what works for most?actually makes me want to just cancel my membership and go it alone and they can stuff it.
It clearly says its optional. U don't have to reduce. So if ur happy n losing at 29 stay where ya are n keep doin what yet doing. Its ur choice to change

hypno1 said:
Hi I believe they are docking 3 points off your allowance per day so im on 31 now but as of next week will be on 28 but still have the 49 extra weekly, hth.

Oh sorry. I thought it was only changing for ppl already at 29

26 per day doesn't seem too bad, it's the weeklys that I always go over, one night out and they're all gone, can never stick to it properly!!

My Daily allowance has officially gone down to 26pp's eeeekkkkkk, I'm gonna give it a go though, I often have 3pp's left of an evening that I normally use on a glass of wine or chocolate so we'll see what happens.
It'll just mean a lot of fruit and yogurts breakfasts

According to my leader the changes only affect people on 29pp daily. Im on 44 and was wondering if id drop too. She seconded the optional thing too.

Got a shock when I opened up Esource today my weeklies had gone down to 4 from 16 cant handle that at the moment. Have changed mine back to 29 again. Maybe I will give the 26 a try after Xmas so I can lose the Xmas weight.

That's great if u hav a calculator but not every has one. And ww is expensive enough without having the extra expense. Ppl are struggling as it is to pay out EUR40 a month to go to ww, plus the cost of shopping tryin to eat fresh n healthy foods. Not everyone can afford that extra..

I can get a free app on ma fone for the calculator... U probs can too if ya gotta smart fone.x

According to my leader the changes only affect people on 29pp daily. Im on 44 and was wondering if id drop too. She seconded the optional thing too.

well everyone in our class went down 3pp regardless of the points they were on.
don't know why different leaders are saying different things as they all went to the same sort of meetings about it. :confused:

Pass then Rosie. Would like to know properly either way though. Not very good if there not all following the same info.

Nothing was mentioned in our class last week so assume she will mention something this Wednesday. My ww app has changed this morning to 26 so will see how I get on, can't change it at the moment as away for the weekend! If I'm struggling will change it back to 29 when I get home and back on my pc :D

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

well everyone in our class went down 3pp regardless of the points they were on.
don't know why different leaders are saying different things as they all went to the same sort of meetings about it. :confused:
It will all depend how well informed their area managers are. Perhaps some - either leaders or area managers - are not as alert as they should be.

but you could use a free online one !

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

also if you are a member of WW then the tracking on esource can tell you if the item is more then double the pp if doubled!

i don't have a lot of money either ! i'm a single mum with a 4 year old living on benefits ! .... so paying to go to ww is my treat out of the money i do have left over after all the bills have been paid (about £200 before food!)... and yes i have to pay out more for the ready meals and the fresh fruit and veg too! but if its between having a healthier lifestyle for me and my daughter and loosing the weight or buying a CD / game / dvd, or alcohol or going out for meals / getting a takeaway every week or owning a car (which i had before and chose to sell) which were what my treats used to be before i chose to join WW then i would rather spend it on my health as that's more important, so yes i had to save the money as well to buy the ww calculator but then if it should last a year at least before it needs replacing (in reality it should last a few years) then for me its a worth while one off expense, which i find helps me, and if your serious about the diet and struggle to know what doubles up then its worth it so you don't go over your pp and find your not loosing weight and therefore wasting the money you are spending on joining ww in the 1st place !

I can get a free app on ma fone for the calculator... U probs can too if ya gotta smart fone.x

lol if their moaning about the cost of a calculator .... i would assume (and hope) they don't then have a smart phone !

i feel like they think i'm well off and like i'm better then others because i saved money so i have a calculator ! .... i have a basic £30 mobile on pay and go that i put £10 a month (if i can afford it) so i get 300 free texts and can then have £10 for calls if i need it!

Last edited:
Firstly it is more expensive in ireland to attend class and our calculators and pedometers etc are more expensive. Secondly if someone on this site has a smart phone i dont think its right to make assumptions . They could have received it as a gift and thirdly maybe the girls who cant afford a calculator are actually working for their money to pay mortgages etc and like myself our savings going on bills. Maybe if WE received benefits we could use our savings for ww. And lastly what gives anyone the right to question somebody about how serious they are about a diet. This is supposed to be a support forum and up until now i have never seen thisvtype of *****y comments

Hey, I dont have a calculator either but i found this

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

Hope its accurate. I found it handy for pointing bigger amounts of things.
Hope it helps...

Back