Pro Point Changes

Firstly it is more expensive in ireland to attend class and our calculators and pedometers etc are more expensive. Secondly if someone on this site has a smart phone i dont think its right to make assumptions . They could have received it as a gift and thirdly maybe the girls who cant afford a calculator are actually working for their money to pay mortgages etc and like myself our savings going on bills. Maybe if WE received benefits we could use our savings for ww. And lastly what gives anyone the right to question somebody about how serious they are about a diet. This is supposed to be a support forum and up until now i have never seen thisvtype of *****y comments

then thats fine if thats what they are choosing to spend their money on ! on i'm not saying it wrong but why should i be made to feel bad because i said i own and use a ww calculator ! ...
i'm not being *****y but they've made me feel about 2 inches tall !! i'm not well off and i can't afford whatever i want ... all i said originally was that i had an F-ing calculator because i find it helps me overcome the doubling up issue! .....

they were the one that said "we can't all afford one"

i didn't say everyone had to own one and as i pointed out there is a free one online that might help out those who can't !

i'm not on benefits because i want to be! if i could be out working i would be, and actually i would rather be! but at the moment i can't find a job that fits in with me being there for my daughter ! i can't be at work full time and be a mum full time! ... so don't think you know anything about me or my circumstances ... and i definitely don't have "savings" !

i never said anyone wasn't serious about the diet, we are all here because we all are or we wouldn't be here! i said if people find they struggle with doubling up and are then using more pp then allocated a week and then not loosing weight then its a waste of money! ..... so using a calculator (even the free online one) would be helpful !

Not getting into an argument im not that type of person im normally quite placid but youre comments infuriated me. I dont claim to knw about you or your circumstances nor do i particularly care . But read back your comments you did say that if someone is serious about the diet blah blah blah . That in my book is questioning commitment. Just because somebody does not own or cannot afford a calculator does not mean they are not serious. I have no calculator but am extremely serious about my diet. And i have read dub chicks comment many times and i cannot see where you were made feel 2 inches tall . Unfortunately this is where text tone can be mis interpreted. As i said im not getting into an argument but like yourself giving your opinion i gave mine and i am now moving on to supportive happy threads. Good luck with your weight loss

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me said:
then thats fine if thats what they are choosing to spend their money on ! on i'm not saying it wrong but why should i be made to feel bad because i said i own and use a ww calculator ! ...
i'm not being *****y but they've made me feel about 2 inches tall !! i'm not well off and i can't afford whatever i want ... all i said originally was that i had an F-ing calculator because i find it helps me overcome the doubling up issue! .....

they were the one that said "we can't all afford one"

i didn't say everyone had to own one and as i pointed out there is a free one online that might help out those who can't !

i'm not on benefits because i want to be! if i could be out working i would be, and actually i would rather be! but at the moment i can't find a job that fits in with me being there for my daughter ! i can't be at work full time and be a mum full time! ... so don't think you know anything about me or my circumstances ... and i definitely don't have "savings" !

i never said anyone wasn't serious about the diet, we are all here because we all are or we wouldn't be here! i said if people find they struggle with doubling up and are then using more pp then allocated a week and then not loosing weight then its a waste of money! ..... so using a calculator (even the free online one) would be helpful !

Believe me, Dubchick or no one else for that matter would want you to feel bad, the resources esouce, smartphone apps etc in Ireland are totally different and much more expensive to ours here in England. The whole weight loss journey is tough and frustrating enough as it is.

xxx

Ding ding first round!!

Ding ding first round!!

Lol no minxy game over i hate arguing and takes a lot to get me going but we are all entitled to a moan i suppose . So im going back to be non moaning me x x

New page lovely thoughts people. Butterflies cola cubes.and two for one cocktails!!

Im in Ireland too has anyones here gone down? Im on 34 .. has anyone with more than 29 gone down too? :( x

blonde_sue: Apparently we won't find out until January.

Hey, at least the 'discussion' stopped us thinking about stuffing our faces.... I may jus be talkin for maself tho. LOL... Come on people.... Chin up, n here's to a gd week ahead *bigs hugs all round* xxx

To the ones in Ireland!! I pay online as well as class and online they've reduced my dailies even though we don't find out til jan! It's bad enough we pay more but holding info from members just do they can advertise a newer revised plan isn't fair game :(

hello
for what i saw, in my profile, u can still couting the pp, or if u want
,change it for filling & healthy foods, no need to track, most of food r free,(porriedge,milk,bulgur,beans,veg,fruit,ww bread,many more,cheese and ham) and then u have 49 per week, (iogurts,choc,cereals..)
so if u r healthy, no need to track so much.
i prefer the counting, and 26 is not to bad,
i always lost in 29, but many weeks i didn't use the 49.i think i'm healthy too, i lose more if i eat fibre and protein.but i like choc as well:):):cool:

hello
for what i saw, in my profile, u can still couting the pp, or if u want
,change it for filling & healthy foods, no need to track, most of food r free,(porriedge,milk,bulgur,beans,veg,fruit,ww bread,many more,cheese and ham) and then u have 49 per week, (iogurts,choc,cereals..)
so if u r healthy, no need to track so much.
i prefer the counting, and 26 is not to bad,
i always lost in 29, but many weeks i didn't use the 49.i think i'm healthy too, i lose more if i eat fibre and protein.but i like choc as well:):):cool:

Yeah from what i can see on this its optional thank god cos im on 32 points and a jump to 26 would make me struggle i think so ill stick the way i am for now cos im dreadful for eating fruit and i dont touch veg. I know tut tut :D

top_stuff said:
I can get a free app on ma fone for the calculator... U probs can too if ya gotta smart fone.x

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me said:
but you could use a free online one !

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

also if you are a member of WW then the tracking on esource can tell you if the item is more then double the pp if doubled!

i don't have a lot of money either ! i'm a single mum with a 4 year old living on benefits ! .... so paying to go to ww is my treat out of the money i do have left over after all the bills have been paid (about £200 before food!)... and yes i have to pay out more for the ready meals and the fresh fruit and veg too! but if its between having a healthier lifestyle for me and my daughter and loosing the weight or buying a CD / game / dvd, or alcohol or going out for meals / getting a takeaway every week or owning a car (which i had before and chose to sell) which were what my treats used to be before i chose to join WW then i would rather spend it on my health as that's more important, so yes i had to save the money as well to buy the ww calculator but then if it should last a year at least before it needs replacing (in reality it should last a few years) then for me its a worth while one off expense, which i find helps me, and if your serious about the diet and struggle to know what doubles up then its worth it so you don't go over your pp and find your not loosing weight and therefore wasting the money you are spending on joining ww in the 1st place !

lol if their moaning about the cost of a calculator .... i would assume (and hope) they don't then have a smart phone !

i feel like they think i'm well off and like i'm better then others because i saved money so i have a calculator ! .... i have a basic £30 mobile on pay and go that i put £10 a month (if i can afford it) so i get 300 free texts and can then have £10 for calls if i need it!

Wo.. I sincerely apologise to anyone offended by my comment. I'm most definitely not the kind of person to want to upset anyone and an so sorry if I have done. (thanks Tracey :))
All I had meant to get across was not everyone can easily afford to go to class, pay extra for healthy foods AND pay out another EUR12 for a calculator. For some paying the extra for the class n shopping is already stretching them.
As someone else there pointed out, it's more expensive here in Ireland for the class, we don't hav the extra online support u guys get in the Uk wit esource and the ww branded foods are much more expensive too.
I hav a calculator, and the smart phone apps but not everyone can afford top range phones that they are on...
Also we can't get the official ww app here for the iPhone :( (if any Irish hav found it please correct me n tell me what to search under coz I hav searched loadsa times n can't find it)
We pay more here n get far less for our money.... Sorry again for anyone I upset

Hello forum,
new member from Greece...
I'm following the PointsPlus plan (it's the us version of propoints) and i have a question:

everyone has to go down 3pp or only members on 29 points?
My daily points allowance is 43.
I have to abstract 3 points so my new daily allowance will be 43-3=40?

and what about the calculators we own?
we need to replace them?

Last edited:
Hello forum,
new member from Greece...
I'm following the PointsPlus plan (it's the us version of propoints) and i have a question:

everyone has to go down 3pp or only members on 29 points?
My daily points allowance is 43.
I have to abstract 3 points so my new daily allowance will be 43-3=40?

and what about the calculators we own?
we need to replace them?

If you use the calculator for pointing food only, no. If you use the tracking on it, WW say yes.

Hi dubchick81 I live in limerick were you charged 12e for your calculator? I bought mine in class in July/aug and it was 10e..... Something funny going on I think....

Back